What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I updated to 4.2 today

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put my apps into folders last night after I updated and today the folders are gone! What the heck happened?

OP
chisaki

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put my apps into folders last night after I updated and today the folders are gone! What the heck happened?

Did you sync? I did and my iPad went back to the way it was on my computer, no folders. Is there a way to save the changes made on the iPad?

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Squirrel, your folders are probably on a different page. Try swiping left or right.

I did that when I first discovered the folders were gone. I put them back into folders tonight- hopefully, they stay that way!

Ipad40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded iOS 4.2 yesterday it's nice, but I do miss the lock screen feature. Not sure why that was necessary to change. Any who.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm, I learn that the big changes are Multitasking and Folders, and which are Im looking forward to long time, but I haven't updated yet. ;)

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funniest thing is that the mute switch doesn't mute the music if you've got a song being played.
Seems it only mutes some system sounds such as new emails, etc

Last edited:

Most reactions