What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting a replacement tomorrow...

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Have a little bit of hard feelings about it since the ipad im holding is a little special for me by camping out all night and being the first one sold in SF, but this wifi problem is driving me nutz. Ive tried all the remedies ive found online and they're all temporary fixes. The only two things that seemed to result in a complete fix is to either shell out x amount of cash for a different router or a replacement. But in my opinion "It should just work!!", heck my iphone and netbook get better wifi reception than this!
Wonder what kind of problems the 3G version is gonna bring us! Im leaning towards putting my wifi model up for sale next month and get the 3G! I crave constant uptime!! :)
My date with one of the geniuses is tomorrow afternoon, wish me luck!

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your subject -- Are you getting a replacement or are you going in for a tech appt with one of the "GEN"?

I'm not following why a brand new Ipad would solve your wifi problem?

OP
Max

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
You need to talk to a genius to get a replacement and the problem lies with the hardware. I've tested it all around town, not just home and work, and it fluctuates alot!
What I dont get is why the wifi on my brand new iPad isnt working properly, when everything else thats wireless in my apartment does!!

Last edited:

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would seem the ipad 's wireless card , chip or whatever is having problems holding the signal, if you're not having problems with your other equipment I would rule out needing a router replacement. Keep posting Max, we feel your pain!

OP
Max

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
It would seem the ipad 's wireless card , chip or whatever is having problems holding the signal, if you're not having problems with your other equipment I would rule out needing a router replacement. Keep posting Max, we feel your pain!

Thanks, Ill definitly will!
:)

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't worry Max. Your place as the first in SF is safely yours. But better to have a working ipad than have the original.

OP
Max

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Don't worry Max. Your place as the first in SF is safely yours. But better to have a working ipad than have the original.

Oh, that whole trip has blown over by now, but its more the actual psychical item (the iPad) being the first sold with the receipt to prove it taking a little sting to me!
But yeah, I rather have a working iPad!:)

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You still have the memories even if you don't have the iPad. Here's to hoping you get a properly working unit. I'm planning on selling mine and picking up a 3G as well.

Ray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope you get it all worked out. I haven't got mine delivered yet I am hoping mine doesn't have a wifi problem. I'm not that good at setting up networking in the first place.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The genius bar may have a tech repair the one you have. Or if they don't, there is no harm in a new one.

Ray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the very least if you must get a new one you could scan and copy the original receipt.

OP
Max

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Update!

Alrighty, got a replacement! They were very helpful and cool about it!

There was a little holler and cheer as the genius told the others that the first one sold was replaced! One older lady next to me pinched me and said that I should have framed it! :) Cute!
I got to keep the receipt and my original box, which is kinda cool!
I've been on it for an hour now and no drops in connection.....yay!

Most reactions

Latest posts