What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

galaxy tab 10.1

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A video would be very cool.:D

Hey, that's a new one! :D

images

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the one i would have got if I did not have the. iPad and that I love . But samsung and android is coming on strong . I have a duel core android phone and it works very good so I am sure there tablets should be as good . But for now iPad is still the top dog

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
I agree ~ very nice pictures.

But ~

Dontcha just hate "buts?"

A video would be very cool.:D

Just sayin'...:)

Im comparing a Tab to an iPad1. Too much of a change for a video. I wouldn't know how to post one anyway :(
I checked mine out for lightbleed doing the go into a dark room at night thing and have none . I dont know if I'd know what it is anyway. In the dark the only light comes from the screen, nice sharp lines , no jagged edges of light, just like my iPad.
Rose I was apprehensive like you as well. I cant stand the ratio (width vs height) of the Xoom but this is more ipad1 like than I'd thought it would be.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my Galaxy 10.1 via Swype, SlideIt or Ultra Keyboard

Reaction score
This is a picture taken on the Tab.
Ive got a few to add I took from my phone of the 2 devices side by side
Support Our Troops!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1308612869755.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308612869755.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 283
Reaction score
Side by side , pull up notification, another home screen, lock screen.
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1308627510008.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308627510008.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 284
  • uploadfromtaptalk1308627556152.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308627556152.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 267
  • uploadfromtaptalk1308627598452.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308627598452.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1308627682520.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308627682520.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
OP
I

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked on the back light bleeding I didn't see any type of bleed. I downloaded an all black picture and turned up the brightness, and olnt thing that caught my eye was a slight bright spot but I don't think it was light bleed. At least not as bad as on the I pad 2 or 1. Earlier I said that it didn't have great viewing angles but that's because at a certain angle all you can see it the back light shinnung bright I'll try to put up a vid or pic of all three.

extendedforecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice pictures! I like that it has the 16:9 orientation. Isn't that the same as Xoom? The bezel looks a little larger on the Sammy, but the ratio looks the same as Xoom. It actually feels better to me in portrait that way honestly. Not as wide and easier to hold. Awesome for my kindle books.

Sent from my Android 3.1 Motorola Xoom Tablet!

JSHidaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your time, "Sadly" I decide to get the iPad 2 as my first table, and my friend decide to get the 10.1 so we can compare later what we decide to miss from each other lol.

My reasons were, as my main reason, The native japanese input(as romaji), sadly I dont wanna get the risk w/ the android OS since romaji apps arent that "simple" as Hiragana/Katakana.
My second reason was. since I already have an iPhone and I have bought many apps(probably near ~200 bucks in apps) that few of them will work better in the ipad like Docs To go.

But I do agree that the 10.1 w/ honeycomp looks excellent, for sure can do everything that the iPad does, and "more" coz support flash :p

EDIT: btw I like this thread, no Fan Boys here :p lol

Reaction score
Very nice pictures! I like that it has the 16:9 orientation. Isn't that the same as Xoom? The bezel looks a little larger on the Sammy, but the ratio looks the same as Xoom. It actually feels better to me in portrait that way honestly. Not as wide and easier to hold. Awesome for my kindle books.

Sent from my Android 3.1 Motorola Xoom Tablet!

It doesnt "feel" so 16 x9 in hand like the Xoom. It might be because the Xoom feels like it weighs 5 pounds when holding it with 1 hand.
I found a case that looks sort of like the Apple neoprene cover. Very minimalistic yet very functional. It doesnt fit quite as perfectly as the Apple one does on my wifes iPad1 but it fits fine and does the job. Its a Belkin from Best Buy and is accented with the Android blue of the Tab icons at the bottom of the screen.
I don't think either choice between the ipad 2 and Galaxy 10.1 would be a bad choice

Support Our Troops!!!

Reaction score
In case no one has said so yet, Irish Rose is the emoticon leader of the solar system. I figure stating of the "galaxy" might seem a little too cliche for this thread

Support Our Troops!!!
Sent from my Galaxy 10.1 via SlideIt

Reaction score
Now that i have had some more quality time i am enjoying the 10.1 very much. The big difference i feel is that the 10.1 is just a much more personal device than the ipad. and its very light weight fast like the ipad 2. Sometimes the 10.1 handles task much faster, but there are more noticeable times of lag on the 10.1 and i have not had many app crashes as i expected, about the same as i experience on the ipads.

Let me say that again, the font is not as clear as i would like it when im looking at a full page on the ipad, but when i zoom in it much better i def can read it before i zoom in just not a nice as i would like it to look.

I have found that i exclusive use it in landscape mode it just overall a better experience and more enjoyable and the software is built to work better that way. i love the multitasking on android really is true multitasking when compared to the ipads, no re loading of pages when you get back, nothing. But if you dont keep the apps in check and make sure your not having to many apps updating info in the background, then the battery might run on you. But just turning it of solves the problem doesn't take long for it to reboot.

So now when i want to play a game i usually run and grab the ipad just more apps at this time, but for browsing and enjoying the wed i really do enjoy the 10.1 over the ipad. Flash performance was very well handle i think that 3.1 update has to do with it, until you would come across a flash popup ad that is annoying to close but overall great experience.

SO at this point if i had to choose one to live with, i think the ipads would still be king just because of the more software available, but that will change over time, but if i had to just have the 10.1 I don't believe i would feel that I am missing out on anything the are both great.

I see what you mean by the zoom.
I found a site dedicated to the Tab but it's not Tapatalk capable yet so I'm having to use the browsers on both devices. The words in posts are not quite as crisp on the iPad, I've got 47 year old eyes with an astigmatism and find myself zooming on the iPad to make out the words. It seems to be the black,IMO, that is sharper on the Tab. Graphics and photos are fine on both but the black is not quite as black on the iPad. When somebody posts in blue or purple it doesn't matter which one I'm on I can't make them out without zooming a LOT on either one but that's my vision,not the tablets. I can't use a blue lettered digital clock because it's just a blue neon looking blur to my eyes unless I'm within a couple of feet of it.
After using the browsers on both more I find the Tab to be faster loading pages but I believe that might be simply my iPad is a single core with 256 ram vs dual core with a gig of ram so it's jot really a fair comparison. It's kinda like comparing a push mower to a lawn tractor and asking which is easier to cut my lawn with. I've tried all my browsers on the iPad and the Terra is the closest in page loading speed on the browser.
The Kindle app on both are equal in viewing quality and page turning, the different shopping apps that I have on both are a smudge faster loading on the Tab,but again I think it's the hardware difference wouldn't be any noticeably faster or slower on an ipad2.
I've installed my Vignette camera app on the Tab and it blows the stock camera away with photo quality and abilities. For any of you Android using photo bugs I highly suggest it on your phone or tablet.
After using the tab a couple of days I say the iPad wins on battery life by about 3 hours per charge. I do mostly online using with both devices and the iPad is holding a charge longer for my uses. Either one lasts all day with battery to spare but the iPad is never below 40% at the end of the day.
Fixing errors on posts such as this they are equal ,neither being as easy as the trackball on my phone but fixable without a lot of trying to find the right spot 50 times. They do it totally differently and must be acclimated to but once adjusting they both work quite well and pretty fast.
I found a free app called Spare Parts last night that turns phone screen sized apps into full screen sized Tab with full quality. On the iPad, the iPhone specific apps have the 2X feature but lose render quality at full screen and often don't work in landscape. It's no big deal for shopping type apps as you can easily see the sale prices at Best Buy but having the full resolution on the Tab is nice.
Splashtop and Team Viewer work equally well on both for desktop manipulation but with the Tab I don't need the desktop so far.
The stock keyboard on both are equally bad, pretty much the same layout ,but the Tab wins after adding other aftermarket keyboards. They both work well with the Bluetooth keyboard I have but the Tab doesn't fit the stand slot because it's designed for the shorter iPad. The only advantage the Tab has in stock keyboard is secondary character/number capable but NO arrows on either.
Facebook on the iPad blows the Tab away in quality of possible apps. Both have an app but the one for Android is just bland ,boring and not intuitive to use. I use Friendly and find myself coming to the iPad to surf Facebook or just use the m.site on the Tab. I'm not a big Facebook user, just check if I get comments on the Bible passages I post each day.
Tecarta Bible wins hands down on the Tab but YouVersion is a toss up on both and Bible.is wins hands down on the iPad.
If I had to choose which I like better ,16:9 or 4:3 ratio, I'd choose the 4:3 of the iPad but the Tab doesn't feel so 16:9.
Again I will state going in either direction is a good choice as they both have their pluses and minuses . I'm more of a Windows than IOS preferer and the Android is closer to Windows. I like them both for different reasons , fwiw. Both feel fine in hand in either portrait or landscape, in case or naked but the Tab has a better grip on the back than the iPad, giving a more mental secure feeling in hand to me when naked but I keep both in a case usually so it's a moot point for myself but others may Peter not to use a case so I'm adding that opinion in.
I hope that helps someone who may be on the fence.

Support Our Troops!
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Reaction score
In case no one has said so yet, Irish Rose is the emoticon leader of the solar system.

I am not.
mockery-017.gif

Btw, I like the pictures that you posted above. Your daughter is getting so big. I remember the pic you posted of her when she was 2 on her tricycle.
That one?
thank you. She keeps me young and busy.
The Inc forum I surf has quite a few of her because of the threads about posting pictures taken on the phone. She is my biggest photo guineapig, oops I mean subject, by far .
I havent taken any of her on the Tab yet because she has the CreepingCrud ( upper respiratory infection) , is sleeping a lot and when awake is acting like she needs a nap, and I've been having to do executor of my dads estate stuff this week.

Support Our Troops!
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308745873.689493.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308745873.689493.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 219
OP
I

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score