What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 compared to samsung galaxy tab????

OP
F

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im sooooooo excited! We sold the galaxy!!!! My husband was getting so annoyed with it do I think we are both happy it's gone. I'm still pretty new in the world of apple (got my iPhone Dec 2010 after being a blackberry fan) but I know I'm so in love with apple products..... If we could afford a MacBook I would already own one. My husband doesn't care as long as its reliable.....
Sadly our small town is all out of ipad2's but we are already going to the city on Tuesday so we will pick one up

Thanks for all the comments. I knew they would be Apple biased.... I just wanted to hear if it was still worth it to buy the ipad 2 ESP when it has less ram then the galaxy.

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FunkatronJive said:
Im sooooooo excited! We sold the galaxy!!!! My husband was getting so annoyed with it do I think we are both happy it's gone. I'm still pretty new in the world of apple (got my iPhone Dec 2010 after being a blackberry fan) but I know I'm so in love with apple products..... If we could afford a MacBook I would already own one. My husband doesn't care as long as its reliable.....
Sadly our small town is all out of ipad2's but we are already going to the city on Tuesday so we will pick one up

Thanks for all the comments. I knew they would be Apple biased.... I just wanted to hear if it was still worth it to buy the ipad 2 ESP when it has less ram then the galaxy.

You could get the new iPad unless you want the cheaper ipad2 but the new iPad is as expensive as the iPad 2 used to be

Joyceski38

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FunkatronJive said:
Hello Everyone,

We recently received a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 free from our internet service provider (brand new). I was SOOOOOOO excited to get it and had never thought of wanting/needing a tablet before. As soon as we got it I decided I hated it so my husband took it over and said I could get an iPad2 (belated bday gift) once the new iPad came out. Well March 7th rolls around and I decided to preorder the iPad3 instead of getting the iPad2.

My husband has now decided he dislikes the Galaxy... it freezes up and apps crash constantly... is the iPad2 better then the Galaxy? I see that the Galaxy actually has more RAM but it doesnt seem to run nicely..... We shouldnt really get another iPad3 so would the iPad2 be a good choice or is he better off with the Galaxy?

We have both. Galaxy an. iPad 2, galaxy works fine maybe u should return for another 1. Joyce

Apple Gadget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FunkatronJive said:
Hello Everyone,

We recently received a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 free from our internet service provider (brand new). I was SOOOOOOO excited to get it and had never thought of wanting/needing a tablet before. As soon as we got it I decided I hated it so my husband took it over and said I could get an iPad2 (belated bday gift) once the new iPad came out. Well March 7th rolls around and I decided to preorder the iPad3 instead of getting the iPad2.

My husband has now decided he dislikes the Galaxy... it freezes up and apps crash constantly... is the iPad2 better then the Galaxy? I see that the Galaxy actually has more RAM but it doesnt seem to run nicely..... We shouldnt really get another iPad3 so would the iPad2 be a good choice or is he better off with the Galaxy?

iPad 2 is an awesome gadget, even compared to the new iPad. Tabs is only for Android lovers.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also spent time with an Android tablet, the Asus TF 101. To be honest, I am still torn between it and my iPad. I prefer Android when typing. The TF 101 has an optional dock with a keyboard, which is physically more secure than the iPad with a BT keyboard. But Android also better when typing on screen with the Swype keyboard. The only equivalent to Swype on the iPad is ThumbSlide in App Store.

That said, the quality of apps is much better on the iPad by far. And the iPad is much more stable.

If only Apple would adopt some of Android's features, such as alternate on screen keyboards...

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In some ways I like the galaxy tab better than the iPad..but I'd rather have an iPad although I wouldn't mind having a galaxy tab

Most reactions