What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frequent safari crash

newipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey folks,
Not sure if this is the correct forum to post my problem with my jailbroken iPad. Jailbroke using limera1n. Works great. But lately I notice when I'm using safari especially pages with lots of picture. It'll crash after it's done loading. Sometime it doesn't load all the image. As far as I know all the image are in jpeg. Like regular photos. So question is how do I fix this? Is this caused from jailbreaking? This is very annoying. I'm running 4.1 os..

Thank you

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have a low memory problem. If you have SBSettings installed, open the SBSettings window and check in the box at the bottom of the window and see how much memory is left. If it is below 80-100mb, click on "Processes" and close any unused programs by tapping on the red minus sign and then the red delete button, then tap the "Free memory" bar. Now, try Safri again on the troublesome web site and see if that helps. If not then, Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Then try again. Hope this helps.

OP
N

newipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks pocobear for the suggestion but it didn't fix the problem, only made it worse in my case. It froze on the same page I was trying to view before it crashes. It would loads 50% of the pics then crashes or doesn't load the rest of the left over pics. When viewing sbsetting memory shows 150 mb available. While loading pics and viewing sbsetting it show 107mb avail. So, now what? This cannot be normal. Very annoying.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you go to this site on a PC and view these pictures?
Do you or a friend have another iPad or iPhone that you can try to go to this web site and see if they can load them without crashing.
Can you go to similar website and see their pictures OK? Try maybe Google pictures?

Time for me to go nite nite. Let me know if you find anything out. May be time for a restore. Be sure you do a backup first!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you by any chance install the Frash app from Cydia? It made Safari very unstable for me. Removed that and Safari was back to normal.

Michael

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have frash and have no problems with Safari. I just went to google images and viewed a lot of large car photos just fine. Of course we don't know what site he is going too, to be able to compare.:)

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anything caused it to blow up, apparently even if there was no flash.... Safari was unstable with it; stable without it. I've read plenty of similar reports.

Frash seemed pointless anyway since it didn't work with anything useful on which I tried it. Oh it worked on a few ads. Yay. lol

Michael

OP
N

newipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can view all pics from my pc just fine. I did at one point install frash but uninstall it cause it's no good for me..I'm on team-integra.net looking through for sales ad with lots of photo of different parts. Viewing half way through and it'll crash.. Then i'm on nsxprime.com viewing photos of car meets and it crashes..cery annoying..
If update and restore won't fix it, I don't want to do it. I don't want to start all over from jailbreaking to downloading apps and games. Will take forever to get it done again.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Even my non-jailbroken iPad blows up on pages with lots of images. I wouldn't worry about it too much. iHope it will be fixed in 4.2 and that it is not a general problem of including only 256 MB of RAM in the iPad.

OP
N

newipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess we'll just wait and hope for a better fix.

Most reactions

Latest posts