What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem Updating

RG3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having pretty much everything crash on iPad using iOS 5. Any browser, FB, etc. I rarely had this problem before the upgrade. It's really making me angry. It seems to be a RAM problem. I've installed two different apps to clear RAM, but of course it closes any opened apps. Videos seem to be especially irksome, presumably because they require lots of RAM which is getting clogged with cache. If I peruse a few hours of postings in FB and then click on a vid (or sometimes just an image), it'll crash and I'll need to clear RAM before starting again.

I'm not a fan of iOS 5.

This is when my problem started to was with the iOS 5 upgrade. I was stupid enough to upgrade my moms also and now she has the same problem. Mine is one and hers is an iPad 2. Come on Apple get it together and get this fixed!

Last edited by a moderator:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RG3fan said:
I'm having pretty much everything crash on iPad using iOS 5. Any browser, FB, etc. I rarely had this problem before the upgrade. It's really making me angry. It seems to be a RAM problem. I've installed two different apps to clear RAM, but of course it closes any opened apps. Videos seem to be especially irksome, presumably because they require lots of RAM which is getting clogged with cache. If I peruse a few hours of postings in FB and then click on a vid (or sometimes just an image), it'll crash and I'll need to clear RAM before starting again.

I'm not a fan of iOS 5.

This is when my problem started to was with the iOS 5 upgrade. I was stupid enough to upgrade my moms also and now she has the same problem. Mine is one and hers is an iPad 2. Come on Apple get it together and get this fixed!

Hello RG3fan, welcome to the forum. When you get a chance, go to our newcomers forum and introduce yourself. While in that forum, read about how to use the forums and the rules and regulations on using the forum.

I moved your post from an old thread regarding updating an iPad2 and also an iPad "one" as you will likely get more input from the members on addressing your problem of updating in this time period rather than the issues being addressed a year ago.

Additionally, iPad one can only be updated to iOS5.1.1. The iPad2 can be updated to the newest version of iOS6.

Hope this helps and I hope you understand.
MattIM
Forum Moderator

Most reactions

Latest posts