What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari issues after jailbreaking ipad 2

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suspect that I have done something wrong while jailbreaking my iPad 2

Problems with safari crashing atimes. About once every1 to 2 hours. Sometimes every few minutes.

I re-jailbroke about 4 times and gave up on trying to fix the problem.

I remember reding somewhere that it is important not to restore from a previous backup in iTunes after jailbreaking from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1

I did not try just jailbreaking and restoring none of my. Previous data and then testing safari to test my theory but I am confident that it is not at all associated with any downloads from cydia

I have been using my jailbroken iPad for months now like this but with the jailbreak for ios 5.1.1 possibly being available soon I don't want to make the same mistake again

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you installed any tweak or app which messes with Safari? Safari on it's own should be very stable, as should the rest of your device when jailbroken. It's really only if you install an old or incompatible tweak that you run into problems. Are you using a download manager or something like that? Try removing any tweaks which effect safari and see if that improves stability.

OP
J

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no apps installed or download managers installed.

I tried reverting back to 4.3.3 with success each time then rejailbreaking but each time, 3 in all, I continue to have problems with safari even before I install any cydia tweaks or apps. I even have problems with icab browser that has downloading capabilities. Icab doesn't crash as often as safari does but it is still unstable.

Most reactions

Latest posts