What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 "Safari" crashes back to desktop screen

bobinyelm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 has started crashing (closing) Safari during use on various sites for apparently no reason.
All other functions seem to be fine.

I can always open Safari and get back to the desired site, but it's happening multiple times per session now, and is annoying to say the least, especially since finding my "place" at the closed-down site is a pain.

Is there a way to just re-load Safari without re-loading my iPad with the newest operating system?

Everyone who loaded new software versions have told me that they don't like them, so I have continued to use iOS 6.1.3 though I am aware that iOS Version 8.3 is available.

I am FAR from a techie, so please be gentle with any answers. :)

Thanks-

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Safari is part of iOS and can't be downloaded separately.
Have you tried using some of the other browsers available in the App Store? If you do, make sure they still support iOS 6.

OP
B

bobinyelm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm....

That sounds good, but I have about 40 bookmarked sites.
I imagine they won't automatically be available in a new browser?
Truth is, I use Google Chrome w/ my Mac ProBook, so a different browser would be fine.
I am agnostic about software.

Most reactions

Latest posts