What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frequent Crashing IPAD2

penman77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPAD2 crashes many times during use. Especially Safari. I have 4 gigs available , I reset the IPAD regularly and empty cache , etc for Safari. Still no resolve. It crashed 8 times in an hour span yesterday. It is highly frustrating , but I'm stuck wth it for now. Any help or advice ???

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My IPAD2 crashes many times during use. Especially Safari. I have 4 gigs available , I reset the IPAD regularly and empty cache , etc for Safari. Still no resolve. It crashed 8 times in an hour span yesterday. It is highly frustrating , but I'm stuck wth it for now. Any help or advice ???

When using Safari is the site you are accessing graphic intensive? Or Facebook perhaps?

This may be a ram issue at work here. Resetting your iPad will close any apps which you may have in your multi task bar but it is a good idea to close your apps regularly as each open app will be taking up some ram.

As well as deleting your History and Data in Safari, also turn off location settings for other apps and keep this to a minimum.....I will turn this on when I need to use a certain app.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

OP
P

penman77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried all these things. It is primarily Facebook that crashes. On Safari and DOLPHIN browser also. When I rest the IPAD , clear cache and such for Safari and make sure only one browser is open it still behaves sketchy.

I went window shopping for a device (laptop/pad) and the only remedy I could find is to purchase an MAC AIRBOOK . Being expensive , this won't happen for awhile.

Thank you for all the help and any alternatives you have !

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried all these things. It is primarily Facebook that crashes. On Safari and DOLPHIN browser also. When I rest the IPAD , clear cache and such for Safari and make sure only one browser is open it still behaves sketchy. I went window shopping for a device (laptop/pad) and the only remedy I could find is to purchase an MAC AIRBOOK . Being expensive , this won't happen for awhile. Thank you for all the help and any alternatives you have !

You could try a Facebook app rather than accessing it through Safari and see if that makes a difference for you.

This is the 1 I use - https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/facebook/id284882215?mt=8

Most reactions