What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a great fitting skin for the new iPad3. It adds grippyness to the back....

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everybody know I found a great fitting skin for the new iPad..
ipadskin2.jpg

I found the iPad metal back slippery and hard to hold with my iPad2. I used this company (stickerboy.net) on my last iPad2 and it held up so well I tracked the company down to see if they had a skin for the new iPad. Turns out they just released the product the day of my call.

ipadskin3.jpg

I went with the same silver carbon fiber and ordered a extra black carbon fiber skin. It adds grippyness without feeling rough and works with the Apple smart cover. My iPad2 has this same skin on it and the back still looks new. As you can see the larger camera lens,corners and cutouts fits perfect. The silver carbon fiber blends seamlessly with the cutouts. I am gonna use the black carbon fiber in my old iPad2 even though the original skin is still in great shape. I am doing it just so I can tell them apart easier. I can confirm stickerboy.net skins will fit the new iPad.
Ipadskin1.jpg

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good find. I think one should use a skin like this even if you put your iPad in a folio case. It will protect the back whenever the iPad is to the case, so it will be perfect when it comes time to sell the iPad to upgrade. These skins are weightless. I like this one over the Bodyguard type.

I take it that all you need to do to put it on is to clean the back and carefully apple the skin, right? No need for any liquid stuff and waiting overnight for it to cure, right?

OP
Mystro

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a thick textured sticker. It was a easy install. It took maybe 1 minute to install. To do the corners, all you need is a hairdryer to soften up the sticker and it folds around the corners perfectly. Their web site shows them mangling up a skin pulling it back off and reinstalling it perfectly. Its a have to have item as far as i am concerned.

http://www.stickerboy.net/collections/new-ipad-3-rd-gen-skins

Good find. I think one should use a skin like this even if you put your iPad in a folio case. It will protect the back whenever the iPad is to the case, so it will be perfect when it comes time to sell the iPad to upgrade. These skins are weightless. I like this one over the Bodyguard type.

I take it that all you need to do to put it on is to clean the back and carefully apple the skin, right? No need for any liquid stuff and waiting overnight for it to cure, right?

L

Lunar

How is the skin attached.. does it clip over side edge lip? or is it sticky? Not so keen if sticky, as had bad experience in the past when the adhesive seemed to affect the finish it was supposedly designed to protect (not this product, & was not ipad)

OP
Mystro

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its sticky but it stays on very well. After a year now my iPad2 skin is still factory fresh. The edges didnt peel back or anything. The actual product is made by 3M. They say there is special air channels that wont let air bubbles get trapped while installing. It must because I never had any trapped air bubbles like i would with window tints or regular stickers. It should not leave a film or discolor the finish. It looks like a automotive graphic adhesive. Feels very high quality. The cuts around the speaker and buttons are laser clean and perfect and the apple cutout is dead nuts on.

They have a series of install videos:

<a href="http://www.stickerboy.net/pages/videos" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.stickerboy.net/pages/videos">

How is the skin attached.. does it clip over side edge lip? or is it sticky? Not so keen if sticky, as had bad experience in the past when the adhesive seemed to affect the finish it was supposedly designed to protect (not this product, & was not ipad)

Last edited by a moderator:

diegodora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using skins from stickerboy.net since I bought my iPad 2 a year ago. Here's some pictures of one of their iPad 3 skins that I installed earlier this week. This is the "Type 2" model. I have four more. If you guys want to see them I can take some pictures. I bought a bunch to last me until the iPad 4 comes out! I like to change them every couple of months so I don't get bored.:eek:

By the way, I used this discount code to get 5% off at the last page of checkout when I ordered: bestskins

IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg

Last edited:

JmWorld

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DSC_0025_zps0a6e996a.jpg
Anti Bacterial teal blue from stickerboy. Didn't feel like spending another 80 bucks on a life proof so i just skinned mine instead. I took the liberty of skinning wifey's and my ipad as well. They don't peel even after submerged underwater!
I also used this discount code "LIFEPROOF" that gave me 5% off on these skins. It seems that these discount codes don't have an expiration since i used it over and over again.

Last edited:

JmWorld

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh?
Poor little iPad... :eek:

I know it was a risk but i had to test it. I dunked it in water for 3 seconds and pulled it out cause i freaked. I thought water had gotten in but it didn't. I don't plan on scaring myself again so i don't intend on doing anymore water tests with the nuud case:)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 27009
Anti Bacterial teal blue from stickerboy. Didn't feel like spending another 80 bucks on a life proof so i just skinned mine instead. I took the liberty of skinning wifey's and my ipad as well. They don't peel even after submerged underwater!
I also used this discount code "LIFEPROOF" that gave me 5% off on these skins. It seems that these discount codes don't have an expiration since i used it over and over again.

You are indeed a brave man! Glad it worked out OK for both you iPads.
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts