What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slickwrap Leather review - using with a Groovystand

NeedSnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a newbie here, but I thought I would go ahead and do a review. I use my iPad 2 with a Groovystand. They are made out of wood and are absolutely fantastic. I was a bit concerned about adding the extra width of the leather wrap, BUT, the Groovystand is designed for both the first and second generation of iPads. I am very happy to report. You can use a Leather Slickwrap on an iPad2 AND the Groovystand.

I've uploaded a couple of pictures. It is really important that it fits in portrait mode, as the only other option would be to take the cover off, which would be not very "user friendly". It is a much tighter fit, so you just have to go a little slower when you put your iPad in the stand.

I have installed a Slickwrap carbon fiber wrap, a Slickrwap wooden wrap and now the Slickwrap leather wrap on iPad2s. The leather wrap was by far the easiest. It is very, very important to very tightly bend the edge all the way around the wrap BEFORE you install the wrap. I would suggest you spend 3-5 minutes just working with that edge. This will "pre-bend" them so they'll stay stuck to the back and not pull up once the wrap has been installed.

Comparing the leather to the other two styles, is really no comparison. The carbon fiber wrap, was the most minimalistic. It basically just added texture to the back. Nice, if that is what you are looking for. The wooden wrap is much more substantial and adds more of a "case" feel to the back. It is still absolutly lovely. The leather one, well, let's just say it is in a league of it's own. Even though it adds just a bit of thickness, it is not too much. It just adds a very nice feel to the iPad. They did an excellent engineering of the tapering of how it fits to the back of the iPad.

Overall, two thumbs up for the product and the company support team.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll be happy to try and answer them, or take more photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_2401.JPG
    IMG_2401.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 356
OP
N

NeedSnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More photos

Ok, here you go. There are a couple of models. I have the double wide. It has 2 different angled cutouts, and I use both of them. You can use both channels in landscape and portrait. I like it so much that I just ordered a single wide stand for travel. Really, the two angles are perfect and you need them both!

Attachments

• IMG_1463.JPG
    IMG_1463.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1464.JPG
    IMG_1464.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1465.JPG
    IMG_1465.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 303

Most reactions

Latest posts