What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro Teardown

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I read the iFix it teardown article but did not find my answer. I have the Apple keyboard and do like the light touch...don't need the added features of the Logitech Create, though it was tempting. Because the Apple keyboard does not have a back cover, wanting to protect my Pro, I decided to apply my own cover, or combining Zagg alligator leather back that was made for an earlier iPad. I still had two that I used to cover the keyboard/cases. So I've matched it up, trimmed to fit. It looks good even with the seam down the middle. The design matches placed side by side, trimming the edges to keep it even...

My question: What is the black strip for beside where the camera lens is on the back? Can I cover it with the Zagg leather skin, or should I use a cutout to leave it free from interference? I don't see the cover/cases leaving it free. Just wondering why the strip.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this the black strip you mean? If so, it's the plastic cover over the cellular data antenna.
You can cover it with any non-metallic case material without interfering with cellular reception and transmission.
image.png

OP
W

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes! That's exactly what I was talking about, and thank you! I figured that is that it is, but wanted verification. I found on the 'net what it was for the iPad 3, but nothing on the Pro.

OP
W

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, Poet. I did luck out on aligning it...had to carefully measure to trim the excess on the edges, and wanted to have a round cut over the camera, but my old hands are not that steady. It does look nice.

Most reactions

Latest posts