What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Help and Questions

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
or you can use the tweak "easyfindonpage" using the safari browser

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to search for text within a specific thread? I was reading a thread that was 47 pages long the other day, and today went back to find a specific post in that thread but could not find a way to search just that thread for the text I wanted. The overall search didn't find the post I wanted for some reason, so I had to go through the thread page by page and search for the text string on each page. Thanks
Sure! In each thread's toolbar you'll find "Search Thread". If you enter the word(s) or phrase(s) you're looking for there the search will be limited to the thread you're currently viewing. If you need a more global search simply use the "Advanced Search" at the very top of every page. That will return results for all of the threads and/or posts on the entire forum.

As 88Raymond points out, the search feature for the iPF App is not quite as detailed. If you can use more words or a phrase that will narrow things down though.

Hope that helps and enjoy the forum!

Last edited:

fishcube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't post image??

Tried attaching image using IPF app, but just get error, says contact support. Tried attaching on regular forum using iPad and it won't allow me to get photo?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried attaching image using IPF app, but just get error, says contact support. Tried attaching on regular forum using iPad and it won't allow me to get photo?
Thanks for the "heads up". The developers are still tweaking the new site...I'll pass this along for a resolution. Thanks again!

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried numerous searches, but can't seem to come up with an answer to this question:

How do I stop emails from the forum to my email account? I've checked everywhere (I think) in my profile. "General Settings" has stuff that relates to email, but not the specific issue that I'm having. I seem to be getting an email every time someone adds a post to threads I've previously posted in.

Thanks for your help!

-Deb

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
debsylvania said:
I have tried numerous searches, but can't seem to come up with an answer to this question:

How do I stop emails from the forum to my email account? I've checked everywhere (I think) in my profile. "General Settings" has stuff that relates to email, but not the specific issue that I'm having. I seem to be getting an email every time someone adds a post to threads I've previously posted in.

Thanks for your help!

-Deb

You can unsubscribe in the User CP (control panel) section although from experience you then need to manually unsubscribe to threads which you are subscribed to prior to this. I use the app for this as I can just swipe left to right on the thread in the subscribed tab and it gives you an unsubscribe button.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks for your help!

-Deb
Hi Deb. What Gabriel said. Here are some more ways to unsubscribe as well...

Every email you receive has an "Unsubscribe" link in the lower portion of the body of the email.

When you're visiting a thread on your computer you can unsubscribe by clicking on "Thread Tools" (top of every thread) and then on "Unsubscribe from this thread" in the drop-down menu.

You can also unsubscribe to multiple or all of the threads that you’ve posted on in the User CP (control panel) section. Click on “Settings” (top of every page to the right of your name) then “Subscriptions” in the left-hand panel, then check the box of the threads that you want to unsubscribe from then at the bottom of the page click on the “Selected Threads” button and then “Delete Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu.

In the iPF App swipe (single finger) left or right on a thread in the subscribed tab and then on the "Delete" button. Also on the iPF App, while you're in a thread you can also tap on the action box (small box with a right-facing arrow) at the top right-hand side of the thread and tap on "Unsubscribe from Thread" in the drop-down menu.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Hi Deb. What Gabriel said. Here are some more ways to unsubscribe as well...

Every email you receive has an "Unsubscribe" link in the lower portion of the body of the email.

When you're visiting a thread on your computer you can unsubscribe by clicking on "Thread Tools" (top of every thread) and then on "Unsubscribe from this thread" in the drop-down menu.

You can also unsubscribe to multiple or all of the threads that you’ve posted on in the User CP (control panel) section. Click on “Settings” (top of every page to the right of your name) then “Subscriptions” in the left-hand panel, then check the box of the threads that you want to unsubscribe from then at the bottom of the page click on the “Selected Threads” button and then “Delete Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu.

In the iPF App swipe (single finger) left or right on a thread in the subscribed tab and then on the "Delete" button. Also on the iPF App, while you're in a thread you can also tap on the action box (small box with a right-facing arrow) at the top right-hand side of the thread and tap on "Unsubscribe from Thread" in the drop-down menu.

Thanks Rich.....I knew that you would be along to save me a lot of tapping!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much, the two of you. That's going to declutter my mailbox by a bunch. :)
Glad to be of service!

I forgot to mention that you can also configure your subscriptions - if you want to be subscribed to threads you've posted in or not. Log into the forum on your computer and click on Settings (top of the forum to the right of your name) > General Settings (left-hand menu). Under "Messaging and Notifications", "Default Thread Subscription Mode" there's a menu button that controls what happens when you post a new thread, or reply to a topic.

Enjoy!

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, all of a sudden I am unable to access this forum from Tapatalk. Has something changed?

Thanks much :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
charlyee said:
Hello all, all of a sudden I am unable to access this forum from Tapatalk. Has something changed?

Thanks much :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yes, there does appear to be a problem. The forum Administrators have been informed and are hopefully working on a fix.

joli2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new today and posted a question but I have no idea how to access it again. Are there categories, such as mail etc. that you access to see if your problem has been answered. If so how does one access them.
Joli2

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joli2 said:
I am new today and posted a question but I have no idea how to access it again. Are there categories, such as mail etc. that you access to see if your problem has been answered. If so how does one access them.
Joli2

Here it is http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...istance/60800-yahoo-mail-folders-my-ipad.html no sign of an answer but it's early yet.

If you use our app you can check in the subscribed tab, this is the link for the app http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8 and you can see the subscribed tab in the image......

image-849064521.png

The Archangel

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts