What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those looking for Bags for Ipad

didisinned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i forgot to post the link Whoops

Amazon.com: Caselogic XNTM-1 Slim Line eSling (Black): Electronics

Not sure if posting this link violates anything.. If it does I'll just put-up a picture later

Hey thanks for posting. This looks like a cool bag. Question: Does it have a zipper on the top so that you just slide your iPad in? Is it a tight fit? I carry mine iPad in a street skin, so I wondering if it wouldnstill fit in that case? Is there enough room to carry the Apple wireless keyboard?

Thisn looks like a perfect minimalist bag. I'm thinking I need about 2 or 3 different bags for the iPad depending on where I am going and what I need to carry :)

Yeah it does have a zipper on the top which allows you to just slip it in, and no it's not too tight a fit. I have a macally bookstand case and it fits into it perfectly. That being said, it won't fit a bluetooth keyboard. There is however a medium sized case logic esling which should allow you to fit the keyboard into it. It's definitely a minimalistic bag, and it's perfect for my needs. Highly recommended, and especially for only 25 dollars too.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Decisions, decisions! I had less trouble deciding to buy the iPad!

I showed my wife pictures of the caselogic bag and the cocoon bag. She thinks the caselogic bag looks like a purse and the cocoon bag looks like a fanny pack. She thought that I should buy the cocoon bag until I told her the price. Then she said I should reuse a laptop bag instead of buying either!

So now I am leaning towards the case logic medium bag since it's a bit smaller then the cocoon and it's cheaper.

Thanks for the help everyone!

koigurl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Booq Taipan Shadow XS. I have this messenger bag and it's awesome. Has a velvet-like, padded inner pocket for the Ipad plus other pockets for charger and other accessories. Not big or bulky but holds Ipad plus accessories easily and safely. Expensive but worth the $$ in my opinion.

ark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An inexpensive option is the SwissGear Vertical Travel Bag. It's $19.99 plus tax at Target or Amazon. This can be found in the travel bag aisle of Target.

The biggest drawback is it will only fit an Ipad in a tight sleeve. It's not big enough for an Ipad in an Apple type leather case. So don't even consider this bag if you need to store an Ipad within a leather type case or forsee this need in the future. I use a cheap Kensington Ipad/Netbook sleeve from Amazon and will purchase a hard shell.

Since my post count is not 3, I cannot post links. A review can be found if you search Google with the words:
ipad swissgear vertical boarding bag

Deus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can wear my underwear to work on my head and tell everyone its a hat but its still underwear. These are man purses!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah the last few especially look exactly like a purse. And not even a man purse, a real woman's purse. Ok if you're a woman, but stupid if you're a man.

They look like the purse Fiona wears in Burn Notice:

fannypack2.jpg

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So is it because it is a vertical bag that it becomes a man purse, or even just a purse?

Here is the bag I bought, granted I only use it when I am flying otherwise my iPad goes into my laptop bag.

4ntrrd

I've posted info on this bag before, but it works really good, pockets for my MiFi, it's charger, iPad dock, sync cable, charger, a screen cloth, and headphones.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have to post some scale pictures, because it is a lot smaller than a laptop bag. Perfect on an airplane. Of course it was originally designed for a netbook.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd have to see it then. If it's some little square thing that hangs down by your hip like what I posted in post 34, then yes that's pretty much a purse.

mraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So is it because it is a vertical bag that it becomes a man purse, or even just a purse?

Here is the bag I bought, granted I only use it when I am flying otherwise my iPad goes into my laptop bag.

4ntrrd

I've posted info on this bag before, but it works really good, pockets for my MiFi, it's charger, iPad dock, sync cable, charger, a screen cloth, and headphones.

I just bought this one from Best Buy...works great for me! Excellent gadget bag - enough room and pockets for USB cable, charger and maybe a couple of other small items. Just like Wolffmann34 said...

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score

4ntrrd

I just bought this one from Best Buy...works great for me! Excellent gadget bag - enough room and pockets for USB cable, charger and maybe a couple of other small items. Just like Wolffmann34 said...

Cool! I think you made a good choice. Heck the tag even said it had a lifetime warranty.

Gadgetman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an HP neoprene sleeve for my HP Netbook that I wasn't using. My iPad fits perfectly into it. Nice and padded as well.

Cheers,

Gadgetman

Most reactions

Latest posts