What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Any Atomic Browser Users, Please

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Have a new iPad3, and am really new with this.

A person with a eye muscle problem will be using it also, and I just installed the Atomic Browser as I read somewhere that
if text runs off the right hand side of the screen, it will automatically re-format it to fit. This would also be true if one changes the font size, etc.

Sounds like a great feature that Safari apparently does not have. I think it was called "re..." something.

However, I cannot get it to work.
Text runs right off the screen, and you have to swipe to see what is to the right.
Sure doesn't seem to re-format.

Is this something I have to set somewhere to tell it to do ?

Is there a HELP file somewhere; there are probably a zillion other options that I can't see any icon for to configure ?
I feel I am missing a lot, probably.

Thanks,
Bob

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The term is called reflow and you can access it in Atomic by pressing on the gear wheel-looking icon (near the URL address bar). It should increase the main text and as it increases, the min text column should stay within view.

Also, in safari, with the new iOS 5, there is now a new way you can increase the font. When you are on a website, and after it has finished loading, you will see a gray button titled Reader. It will be in the URL address bar. Once you open the Reader, there is an option to increase the font. When it gets increased, the text wraps/reflows.

I hope some of this is of use.

Marilyn

OP
R

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For Marilyn From OP

Hi,

Just a quick thanks.
Just the info. I was looking for.

Appreciate it,