What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing MyYahoo News items in Atomic Browser

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am suddenly having problems reading MyYahoo news items in Atomic Web Browser. Below shows what I am getting. It doesn't happen on all news items (sports items, for example, view ok). I believe Yahoo has gone to a new Beta format for their news. I have tried several different selections to identify the browser, but it doesn't change anything. The same items view normal in Safari.

My guess is I'm going to have to take this up with Yahoo (Ugh), but I thought I'd run it by the good folks here first.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

photo.jpg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks as if Yahoo! has a defective mobile web site. I typed in the address you have showing and get the same thing. The article is at the bottom, though, in a stripped down, mobile version. I don't see a way to go to the desktop web version, either.

Looks as if you'll have to get with Yahoo! people. It's their web site that's messed up and if they want eyeballs on it, they will probably fix it.

Marilyn

Riffraf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this exact issue, but using Safari on iPad. Any more ideas?

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ended up contacting Atomic's developer. He asked if I was running the AdBlocker, which I was. I turned it off and the pages would then load correctly. I reported back to him that it was in fact an AdBlocker issue, and he said he'd look into it. While waiting for a fix, I found there were 2 specific AdBlocker items that would cause it. I unchecked those, and I'm able to still run AdBlocker, and have the pages view ok. I relayed this back to the developer, but I never got a response.

So, are you running an AdBlocker? If you are, can you select specific filters? The ones causing my issues are Http://*/ads/* and Http://*sponsor

I hope this helps.

Riffraf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I tried to whitelist those two filters but it didn't help. I can't see any other way to disable any specific filters. Or, maybe there's another filter still causing problems? I disabled adblocker and the page rendered fine.

So, I can live with funky rendering, or ads while we wait for a real fix. Decisions, decisions...

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another option is to switch to Atomic's browser. I really like it.

Most reactions