What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folio case suggestions

Big J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

Havent received my iPad yet but its been ordered. I ordered the WiFi plus 3G ipad.
Of course now, I am looking for a case, and I would be super appreciative if people could help me choose a specific one.
I have searched around on the net but have not been able to find the one that suits my needs.

What I am looking for:

Case which opens horizontally (left-right) and not vertically (up-down)
One which doesnt have elastic type things on the four corners to fit in the ipad, but rather, one that I can just push into and out of a sleeve.
A strap or a button type thing so to secure the case from not opening and closing while in a bag or something. (Keeping the case closed)

I think thats pretty much it. I found 1 that I liked (Marware Eco-vue), but since I am getting the 3G, which I hear magnet can disrupt the GPS system, I am not getting it. But, is this really a problem?

Any advice would be sooo much appreciated!!

Thank you

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the Hard Candy Bubble Case, it has rubber grippers for the corners, not elastic straps. There are lots of reviews on YouTube for it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOIH5E0G-7E]YouTube - Marware Eco Vue For iPad[/ame]

eco-vue is a great case.

What ever you do dont get the "incase" folio case. I did since that was the only one I could find at local stores and I had a $20 credit at bestbuy. The incase case's slots dont match up well with all the ports and the headphone jack is completely covered and not usable.

***edit***
Dont think the magnet would mess with the GPS however it may mess with the compass and point you in the wrong direction but I haven't be able to actually try one of these cases out in person to testing. I'm glad you brought that up because my "Incase" already has some rips in the leather and I had planned on getting the eco-vue next when my current one bites the dust. But since I use my iPad now to Geocache with the Compass and GPS I will have to do some research first to find out if the magnet is strong enough to effect either of those.

Last edited:
OP
B

Big J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to say that I liked the incase folio case, but thanks for the review!
Is there any other case similar to the incase?

Zoogue too, mostly what I am looking for, but the logo is just tooo.....it stands out tooo much with the large font.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks for all the inputs! REALLY appreciate it!

Most reactions