What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time Apple owner- IPad Vs. Pad 2 for business question

shakey_99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I plan on purchasing the 4s (Sprint) and was wondering about the IPad for business. I dont use the camera, i will most likly have some games and watch some movies but other than that it will be used for emails, calendar, documents and alot other business related material.

My question is, for my purposes does the IPad 2 really make that much of a difference from the IPad? And with Icloud would it make sense to just get a refurb 16gb vs. bigger? ICloud is the biggest reason I am making the jump to Apple.

Thanks for your input.

Jason

ETA: Mods if I should have posted this in the IPad for business section, I apoligise and please move.
Thanks

Last edited:

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive had both iPads and the iPad1 would crash often when i had too many apps running. I would be in the middle of something in an app and all of a sudden it would close and send me back to the homescreen. The iPad2 hardly ever does this. The iPad2 is twice as fast. It boots up alot faster than the iPad1. I definitely like the iPad2 better.

iLoveMyiPad2!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I plan on purchasing the 4s (Sprint) and was wondering about the IPad for business. I dont use the camera, i will most likly have some games and watch some movies but other than that it will be used for emails, calendar, documents and alot other business related material.

My question is, for my purposes does the IPad 2 really make that much of a difference from the IPad? And with Icloud would it make sense to just get a refurb 16gb vs. bigger? ICloud is the biggest reason I am making the jump to Apple.

Thanks for your input.

Jason

ETA: Mods if I should have posted this in the IPad for business section, I apoligise and please move.
Thanks
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Here's some more information about iPad Apps for Business Use:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-business-education/22431-hi-all.html#post157114

Here’s another post with additional info:

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html#post256794

Hope that helps.

Welcome again and enjoy!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you don't already have a phone with a camera and video (that's easy to use and transfer to the iPad) the iPad 2's camera might come in more handy than you think. Even the lowres camera is good enough to take a quick picture of a business card, poster, building number, or any other bit of info that you need but are in too much of a hurry to stand around typing. And you never know when a quick video might come in handy for explaining how something is done, or proof of an event.

Of course, that all depends on what you mean by business. That covers an awful lot of ground.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive had both iPads and the iPad1 would crash often when i had too many apps running. I would be in the middle of something in an app and all of a sudden it would close and send me back to the homescreen. The iPad2 hardly ever does this. The iPad2 is twice as fast. It boots up alot faster than the iPad1. I definitely like the iPad2 better.

iLoveMyiPad2!

To the OP: This is something to keep in mind. The iPad 2 has twice the ram of the original iPad and it largely (at least in my experience) eliminates the need to "manage" memory manually. I've had only one forced close of the iPad 2 in the seven months I've owned it.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shakey_99 said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your input.

Jason

Thanks

iPad 2 is defenatly quicker than the original. You say the biggest reason your jumping to apple is for cloud, make sure you know what icloud can do for you, icloud will not include iDisk, which means you can sync your devices but you have no public folders for filesharing which probably is important to you as your using it for business use.

OP
S

shakey_99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who posted so far. This why I love sites like this one. I definatly want to reduce the risk of a crash when I'm working so I think I may jusy pony up the extra $ for the IPad 2. Also, during my time on this site I have also picked out a hand full of apps so far thats going to help alot. I just want to say thanks for doing all the work/ research for me lol.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who posted so far. This why I love sites like this one. I definatly want to reduce the risk of a crash when I'm working so I think I may jusy pony up the extra $ for the IPad 2. Also, during my time on this site I have also picked out a hand full of apps so far thats going to help alot. I just want to say thanks for doing all the work/ research for me lol.
FWIW we Apple folks like to think of "crash" as a Windows term. It's not impossible for the iPad or apps themselves to become unresponsive, however it's very rare. I bought the original iPad the day it was released well over a year ago and use it daily for business and pleasure. Even when running multiple, fairly intensive applications it has never once "crashed" and I have never lost any data. That's not to say it couldn't happen but in the world of Apple "crashing" is a very rare event.

Enjoy your new iPad and don't be a stranger!

Most reactions

Latest posts