What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Ipad Now what?

Hsunami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First time ordering an Apple Product

Not sure if this goes here, but i looked around the forums read the stickies but i am still confused on exactly steps do i need in order to JB, i know most of the material is regarding 1 and 2 and i bought 3....or the "new". But can someone give me a list of needed software etc etc that i need. So when i receive my IPAD3 then i would be a little less confused...

As far as i know i need is Itunes and the tinyumbrella anything else?

-Kevin

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First time ordering an Apple Product

Not sure if this goes here, but i looked around the forums read the stickies but i am still confused on exactly steps do i need in order to JB, i know most of the material is regarding 1 and 2 and i bought 3....or the "new". But can someone give me a list of needed software etc etc that i need. So when i receive my IPAD3 then i would be a little less confused...

As far as i know i need is Itunes and the tinyumbrella anything else?

-Kevin

The iPad3 is not jailbreak able at this time, so you'll have plenty of time to read up on jail breaking. Hopefully, it won't be too long before the jail breaking community figures out a jail break for it. So, really, no currently available tool will do you any good. Nor are there any procedures for jail breaking the 3. Heck, no one has it in their hands yet. :)

For now, may I suggest you grab a snack and a beverage of your choice and start reading the threads and stickies over in the Hacking section of this forum.

Then, just keep visiting that section of the forum (some would call it haunting) and join the rest of us in waiting for an iPad (3d Generation) jail break.

Marilyn

P.S. I think I just started the "can't wait for a jail break on the new iPad" meme! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts