What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally-the perfect iPad 2 back cover

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best back protection for iPad 2 is the Invisible SHIELD back coverage. No Doubt!

IS gives nowhere near the protection that these clear covers give.

Well I have body armor but same diff. I have the tpu back cover but don't like the addtl weight. The skin protects just fine. I can't see the other being significantly better on a day to day basis, but I'll keep the tpu for travel or paranoia :)

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good post, I just bought one. Grey. to match my smart cover. I've been taking my Ipad places and worrying. Took that puppy to Jury Duty yesterday. With the courts guest wifi, it saved me from a long boring stay.

Tachyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkia:

I must agree. I got the black Coverbuddy for my black Smart cover. It is very well made, very light and thin. It molds around the corners and has a comfortable texture. Now the front and back are well protected.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on the CoverBuddy recommendation, I decided to order the grey model with the rubber-coated back to go with my grey Smart Cover. I'm curious what the rubber coating is like, and hopefully it'll give the iPad a better grip. I already have the clear eBay back so I didn't want that CoverBuddy version, and the clear isn't rubber coated. It's also the only color they had in stock besides pink. LOL

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't felt comfortable at all in the week since I got my iPad, with the back exposed. I ordered the SwitchEasy Coverbuddy and got it today and I really like it and don't feel so much like I'm going to crack the glass. I stuck the Apple logo sticker on the back :)

Rambler, it's not super grippy but good enough that it doesn't slide around.

Last edited:

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So... Coverbuddy or Smart Sleeve? I'd rather have whichever is lighter.

Also, how do you know if Smart Sleeve has rubber or not? It says you have the option but then never gives it at checkout.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about some pics?

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Plwebb: How long did it take to get the CoverBuddy after ordering, and where are you located?

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
@Plwebb: How long did it take to get the CoverBuddy after ordering, and where are you located?

Ordered on May 6 and received on the 10th. I'm in Oregon and I believe it came from California.

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also ordered and received today the Targus VuScape. I'll use them for different situations. The Targus has a stand that will be handy when needed.

OP
T

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It took 3 working days to get it in Boston with the $3 shipping.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Plwebb said:
Ordered on May 6 and received on the 10th. I'm in Oregon and I believe it came from California.

Yay! Another Duck fan!

UofO grad '88

GO DUCKS!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts