What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

for EU/UK owners: Smart Cover compatible shells

majura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just starting this thread since availability of many of the shells is only in the US. Sure you can order from the US, but a lot of the time it'll get taxed and the shipping costs don't help either.

I've been using my new iPad2 in a cheap eBay €6 silicon sleeve- the thing doesn't even have a cut-out for the mic. Actually found that for around the home, it's perfect and hence why something compatible with the smart cover would be nice. Put it on for typing/going out. Take it off when at home.

No news on the Enki Genius Case or Joy SmartFit2.

I've seen the Xgear Enhancer for €29.90 available on the 21st of April.
- Personally I don't trust the slit design around the corners, even despite the [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l_jvDPVH5A&feature=player_embedded"]2 product videos [/ame]on YouTube.

I also found something pretty similar to the Enki & Joy cases; the Cool Banannas SmartShell Case for a more acceptable [ame="http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004V2XS20/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3AYPRJMARBIYK"]€17.95[/ame]. Expected to ship from the 14th of April.

I've already pre-ordered the SmartShell Case in transparent since it actually comes up around the bezel to provide better protection. I also ordered a customised Gelaskin because well, the back of the iPad is boring and it'll also serve to protect the exposed aluminium where the Apple Smart Cover attaches :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this and posting those links and the video. Great idea!!

Tim
Scotland

rchatburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a cheap gel skin that I might take a knife to and cut a strip out of so the smart case will work.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any chance of posting some pictures so we can all see the result?

Sounds interesting....

Tim

rchatburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any chance of posting some pictures so we can all see the result?
Sounds interesting....
Tim

Worked out quite well the smart cover doesnt stay shut well on its own but considering it cost me £3 i dont really think i can complain.
i did originally cut a line so the smart cover would just slot in but it wouldnt close very well and the side of the case just flapped about so i just cut it off:D

it probably would be alot better if the gel was more ridged and black.

will keep me going untill all the case manufacturers catch up.

Most reactions

Latest posts