What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally saw the new iPad..

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to Verizon and they had an iPad 2 next to the new one on the same display.

Um, how does one NOT see the difference, even blind people have no excuses.

If you look real close on the home screen you can see those pixels, or little black bars all over on the iPad 2. I was amazed that the new iPad had none whatsoever! Literally! You just can't miss it.

Text and pictures were amazing of course.

Everything is smooth and nice, a great device.

I also want to say to the people who somehow can't see any difference, play fruit ninja on both devices, or even just new iPad, new iPad makes it look like pixilated fruit are jumping up and I mean PIXILATED. Screen is to good for apps right now but it's a step forward problem (don't hear that much lol)

Can't wait until I get my own. YouTube was the same in comparison but that's probably cause of video? It was an HD video but looked great on both.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Remember that everyone's eyes are different. Some see things that others don't. It's not about being "blind"...just a different perspective. I have the Droid Bionic & when I first got it everyone talked about the pixelation of the screen. I just couldn't see it. even when someone would point to the EXACT spot where they see it I just didn't. I think the Bionic has a beautiful screen. To reverse this, many feel the HTC Rezound has the most BEAUTIFUL screen of ANY phone...yet I feel it is WAY to saturated & unnatural.

I have yet to see the New iPad in person so I have not been able to compare it to the iPad 2...however, just a spectacular screen (if it really IS that nice) won't be enough for me to shell out another $500 (or more since I would go 32gb this time over the 16gb) for the new one.

OP
W

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mikespe said:
Remember that everyone's eyes are different. Some see things that others don't. It's not about being "blind"...just a different perspective. I have the Droid Bionic & when I first got it everyone talked about the pixelation of the screen. I just couldn't see it. even when someone would point to the EXACT spot where they see it I just didn't. I think the Bionic has a beautiful screen. To reverse this, many feel the HTC Rezound has the most BEAUTIFUL screen of ANY phone...yet I feel it is WAY to saturated & unnatural.

I have yet to see the New iPad in person so I have not been able to compare it to the iPad 2...however, just a spectacular screen (if it really IS that nice) won't be enough for me to shell out another $500 (or more since I would go 32gb this time over the 16gb) for the new one.

I understand all that but these tablets are big, I just don't know how anyone can miss those black bars in between the pixels all over the old IPads screens.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If one is a gamer and watch videos and movies I am sure it's a go. But if one is just using their iPads for basic use meaning surfing the net and e-mail then the iPad2 at $100 less is a go. Hey it's just money spend it.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have all 3 Ipad (s) and clearly the iPad 1 had a better screen than 2 and of course the 3rd generation is amazing. I quickly discovered that I enjoyed the iPad 1 better than 2. Retina display on iPad 1 and 3 are amazing.

OP
W

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadder474 said:
If one is a gamer and watch videos and movies I am sure it's a go. But if one is just using their iPads for basic use meaning surfing the net and e-mail then the iPad2 at $100 less is a go. Hey it's just money spend it.

Unless you want all those things to be done a lot crisper and smoother of course. But I'll be doing all that so I'm excited to upgrade from my one.

OP
W

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really want to go back to Verizon and play with it for hours! It was such a buttery smooth device.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wingless said:
Went to Verizon and they had an iPad 2 next to the new one on the same display.

Um, how does one NOT see the difference, even blind people have no excuses.

If you look real close on the home screen you can see those pixels, or little black bars all over on the iPad 2. I was amazed that the new iPad had none whatsoever! Literally! You just can't miss it.

Text and pictures were amazing of course.

Everything is smooth and nice, a great device.

I also want to say to the people who somehow can't see any difference, play fruit ninja on both devices, or even just new iPad, new iPad makes it look like pixilated fruit are jumping up and I mean PIXILATED. Screen is to good for apps right now but it's a step forward problem (don't hear that much lol)

Can't wait until I get my own. YouTube was the same in comparison but that's probably cause of video? It was an HD video but looked great on both.

Lol I know how you feel, every time I read a thread saying ohhhh" I can't see the difference" it just grinds my gears!! Haha

But yeah the screen is GORGEOUS.

Most reactions

Latest posts