What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File transfer via BT Home Hub 3

Mosstwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just upgraded to a BT Home Hub 3 from a BT Voyager router. I cannot now transfer files fom my PC to iPad2 using WiFi and the FTP facility in some apps. I just get an error message on my PC instead of a connection to the FTP root directory. Had no problem with the BT Voyager - instant connection and problem-free transfer. Can anyone help?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked that your upgraded router has the ports enabled for FTP transfer? I know that, in my Linksys, they were by default disabled and I had to login as Administrator and manually enable them.

Tim

OP
M

Mosstwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Tim. Found the Port Forwarding settings on BTHH3 and enabled FTP. Can now connect to the FTP server in the app and view the file structure on my PC but can't transfer files because Windows won't let me view the file in Windows Explorer (opens in Internet Explorer as text, not as icon), Still, it's a step forward.

William

Most reactions

Latest posts