What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BT Home Hub Port Issues

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being a kind and caring sort of guy, I sold my old iPad 1 to a mates penniless daughter. Bt home hub shows connected, no safari, no nothing. I'm guessing port issues, so have suggested using default, and disabling firewall, just to see if we can get it to connect. Dealing at arms length user in London, me in Cymru. Any ideas? I've had a look through the threads, and this hub is notorious for being a prob. Any help much appreciated. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
Under Settings->Wifi->Blue arrow next to wifi-network
is there a http proxy set to either auto, or manual? It should normally be set to off, otherwise the iPad is connected to the wifi, but can't browse the internet.

There is only a low chance, that this is the case, but it might still be worthwhile checking.

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Under Settings->Wifi->Blue arrow next to wifi-network
is there a http proxy set to either auto, or manual? It should normally be set to off, otherwise the iPad is connected to the wifi, but can't browse the internet.

There is only a low chance, that this is the case, but it might still be worthwhile checking.

Thanks mate, will pass that on now :)

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No joy there either, hmmm.......should have sent them another router. I would flatten the router and start from scratch, trouble is she is a student and umpteen people share this connection.....? Stumped?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gosh, I wish I could help but my Bt home hub has never had any problems at all. How unlucky, I agree with DUMI my proxy is switched off as well.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the home hub is an awful router, however with default configuration I have never had a single problem with all our iPhones and iPads over the years (2nd gen home hub)

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes, the home hub is an awful router, however with default configuration I have never had a single problem with all our iPhones and iPads over the years (2nd gen home hub)

I'm dealing with a 20 year old, she no listen? She no learn, mind you, the setup they have is nuts, but hey, such is life I have a riff in my head and I'm gonna use it :)

Phil562

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Te only problem I had with mine...a few years ago now...was we had to change the wifi channel ???

Mind you this was only using lap tops then....my iPad 2 works fine

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorted, thanks all she finally listend to me............Now got BIG brownie points :)

Thanks to all!

Most reactions