What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File too big message

peteding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have problems opening a 10mb excel file with quickoffice. It shows the file too big message. Anyone else faced the same problem?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a doc file that's more than 10mb and i dont have problem opening it. but then, it's not an excel.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could try to open one of your files, if your okay with it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I would say that it means, your file is to big.

Or you could be out of memory, performing a reboot would fix it if thats the case.

AJsinVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution

I found the same problem and found that it was actually the file name that was too big.I shortened it to to words and no more problems.

proz01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the same problem i am using quickoffice the file i am trying to open is excel but it is only 370kb please someone HELP!

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the same problem i am using quickoffice the file i am trying to open is excel but it is only 370kb please someone HELP!

Did you try e-mailing the vendor or visiting their website? Always interested in quality of support.

I've been a Documents To Go user for many years, and they provide pretty good response time.

proz01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i changed the file name to two letters but that didnt work.
and usbill i have sent them emails but they will not resond

any other ideas?

iPadcrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would recommend contacting Quickoffice through Facebook or Twitter if you have not received a response from their support team - that doesn't sound like them. They're usually quick to get back.

Pocketneo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. My file was 2,854KB. Its password protected because its sensitive data. I tried shortening the name to 9 chars and .xlsx (I use Excel 2007 which is supported). I also increased my cache to 500mbs in the settings. I also re-booted the device and opened only this app with only file right from the re-boot. I also do not have a jailbroken iPad.

In my case I was able to contact them. I didn't like their response (i.e. post it in their ideas section, or send us your password file and we'll have a look at it (come on!)).

It isn't the file. Its the app.

I got this app for the sole purpose of opening Excel files like this size (~3 MB files) and playing with it on my iPad instead of my PC. I don't consider my file to be rather large...but rather average in size. Had I had a 100MB file, well I can understand some issues....but 3MBs???!!!?? Come on!

Unless they fix this rather small issue, they only get 1 star in my books, and I would very happy for a refund.

Pocketneo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After this post, I edited my file and found thousands of rows with formatting and no values. By removing them, the file shrunk from almost 3mbs to under 300k. My opinion still stands...a 2mb file is not that big and should be allowed.

Also this app does not have freeze panes...this is a major plus for my visual experience. Again, another lacking feature.

As per Apple's version, I would rather give my money to developers trying to make a diffence and who listen to their customers more frequently.

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts