What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File too big message

OldBen25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Has nothing to do with the file name length. I find that rebooting my iPad frees up the memory that is obviously still holding other program data. My Quickoffice files then load ok. It would be nice if Quickoffice would resolve the problem, but the above does seem to be an acceptable work around.

OldBen25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fix on the Quickoffice web site seems to work. I tried it several times and my files opened without any error messages. Thanks for the information.

Tj7247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quickoffice file too big on iPhone

I think that I has discovered the cause of the file too big error. Each time that you open a file using the open with command, it adds an additional copy in your Quickoffice In box. If you go into that in box and delete any copies of the file that you are trying to open, then you will no longer get the file too big error. I am using an iPhone 3GS. I hope that this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts