What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iannotate and QuickOffice use different file locations? Say it isn't so.

onboard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using Iannotate for about 6 months now and it is great for having constant access to a number of large PDF files that I regularly need access to. Yeah, the cloud is nifty, but I need access to these files without being at an internet connection. I just bought QuickOffice and just discovered that these two programs "store" their files in seemingly hidden file locations on the Ipad itself. The PDF files I have downloaded and been using with Iannotate, are invisible to QuickOffice. Same vice-versa. It would be great, and less redundant for me to have one "documents" directory and to have whatever number of applications be able to find files in this directory on the Ipad. Same goes for Slideshark and QuickOffice. Right now my solution is to download a separate copy of each document for these two and potentially any other future apps that I would want to open a document with. If the file exists on my Ipad, these programs should be able to find it.

Anyone find a workaround? Maybe the Android tablets are better at this? Thanks!

Most reactions