What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File shareing with PC

Flypoppa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have downloaded some kindle ebooks to my iPad. I now want to put them on my Kindle. First I have to get them to my PC. I was told that via iTunes on PC with iPad linked, go to apps and then 'file shareing ' I can't find file shareing in the menues.
What am I doing wrong?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Please check this Apple support article on FILE SHARING - basically attach your iPad to the computer and open iTunes; select your device in the left pane; then choose Apps; scroll down and 'File Sharing' will appear along w/ a list of your apps that support this option - good luck and please post back your results; might help others! :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have downloaded some kindle ebooks to my iPad. I now want to put them on my Kindle. First I have to get them to my PC. I was told that via iTunes on PC with iPad linked, go to apps and then 'file shareing ' I can't find file shareing in the menues.
What am I doing wrong?

If you are talking about putting a book, that you bought at Amazon, on a "real" Kindle that you've already been using on the iPad with the Kindle app, it's easier than you think. And, you don't have to do any file sharing - you just can use/abuse Amazon.

On your Kindle, go to your Archive (Settings > View Archived Items). Once you get there, browse for the book you had on your iPad and then select it to download to your Kindle. That is all.

You can also do the reverse, in that you can go to your Amazon book Archive on the iPad/Kindle app and get a book. The truly neat part is that you can keep the two synced, so that no matter which device you are using to read, you'll always be at your current spot.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions