What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 5th Generation Set For September Launch, iPad Mini 2 May Be Delayed

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
iPad-Mini-2_1356340167.jpeg

Big changes are expected to be coming to this year's iPad 5th generation and iPad Mini 2nd generation. According to DigiTimes, the 9.7-inch iPad 5th generation is due for a scheduled September launch. However, the 7.9-inch iPad Mini 2nd generation might be coming a little later than expected.

The iPad 5G should be equipped with a Retina Display, redesigned to look like the iPad Mini with slimmer side bezels, LED tubes being reduced from two to one for less weight and longer battery life. Unfortunately, the big question is whether or not the iPad Mini 2G will be getting a Retina Display this year, it seems Apple is also questioning this action.

As for the new 7.9-inch iPad mini, the sources pointed out that Apple is still considering whether to adopt a Retina Display for the device, and if the company decides to do so, the product's release may be delayed to the end of the fourth quarter.

The report further claims that the iPad Mini might be getting slimmer side bezels as well. This will compare to the edge-to-edge design of some high-end Android phones. DigiTimes believes that the iPad Mini 2G will release later on in Q4 of 2013.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
*rubs hands together* sweet. I got my half birthday present, and my Christmas present planned out assuming the Mini 2 is coming out during the holiday season.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
*rubs hands together* sweet. I got my half birthday present, and my Christmas present planned out assuming the Mini 2 is coming out during the holiday season.
I have been waiting for the mini 2 as well. I hope it has retina :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't it kind of a deal killer if it doesn't have the retina display? That seemed to be a major sticking point for lots of people.

For me, retina would be great, but better guts are more important. I'm not keen on minis if Apple keeps them as the model that gets old parts even as tech continues to evolve.

Most reactions

Latest posts