What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ferarri's Partnership with Apple; New 'LaFerrari' Supercar Comes with iPad Mini

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ferarri-laferarri.png

If you are a fan of Italian sports cars as well as iPads you might be intrigued by today's cool news. Ferarri, the Italian exoticar maker is developing an enhanced business relationship with Apple. In fact, they just announced their new 1 Million Euro supercar, the "La Ferarri," will come equipped with iPad Minis on-board. Here's a quote with the full details,

Ferrari SpA, the luxury carmaker owned by Fiat SpA (F), will be “more precise†about its partnership with Apple (AAPL) Inc. in the next few months, Chairman Luca Cordero Di Montezemolo said.

Ferrari, which today unveiled the 1 million euro hybrid model “LaFerrari,†is in talks with Apple about broadening a partnership on in-car entertainment, Di Montezemolo said today at the Geneva motor show.

The FF is also now seamlessly integrated with Apple technologies, thanks to direct access to the infotainment system via SIRI voice commands and the adoption of two iPad Minis as the entertainment system of choice for the rear seat passengers.

Apparently, in April, Apple CEO Tim Cook sat down with Ferrari’s Luca di Montezemolo. Here's what Luca said in regards to the meeting,

[Luca] was impressed with Cook’s “availability and openness.†He said Apple and Ferrari are “connected by the same passion, the same love for the product, maniacal attention to technology, but also to design.â€

That's certainly an impressive endorsement, although it is not really very surprising. Both products are the pinnacle of their respective markets, and these companies seem like a great fit together.

Source: 9to5Mac

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow....wonder why they didn't go with the full-sized iPad? :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope they return my Ferrari tonight...I only let them borrow it for a few hours for the press release! ;)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope they return my Ferrari tonight...I only let them borrow it for a few hours for the press release! ;)

Make them give you a couple of minis for your trouble, too.

Most reactions