What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite TV show

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
Who do you think you are is really interesting if you're into genealogy/family history.

Yes, WDYTYA is interesting. Of course research can be more rocky and can take longer with pitfalls and brick Walls along the way. However, the hobby should satisfy the hunter gatherer spirit in us folk :)

BTW, I cannot help but notice the emphasis on the First World War in this series.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I've found out its police detective series in uk. Well, how embarrassing is that? My excuse is that I don't watch tv as much as i used to do. Hmmm? Probably when I bought my iPad. Hee Hee. That darn lil device has a lot to answer for!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Hayles66 said:
Well, I've found out its police detective series in uk. Well, how embarrassing is that? My excuse is that I don't watch tv as much as i used to do. Hmmm? Probably when I bought my iPad. Hee Hee. That darn lil device has a lot to answer for!

I watch Luther on my iPad using Netflix. It's also available on the BBC iPlayer. :)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh yeah! Well, unless someone recommends it, I wouldn't watch it. It took me a year to watch Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch because I couldn't believe a modern version would work. My daughter soon changed my mind though. Eagerly awaiting new series next year. And as for Benedict, best actor ever!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Luther series 2 is grrrrreat, it's dark and moody and everything it should be. Series 1 just never did it for me, way too light and predictable, easy to see the lines coming as they set each one up. I hope they continue the good work of series 2!

The Archangel

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HotelGB, a new show on Channel 4 looks good. I watched the building being constructed, along with Bermondsey Square's modernisation.

There used to be a thriving antiques market in the square on Fridays and Saturdays. The Market is a shadow of it's former self :(

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've just watched a BBC1 programme on catch up. "The Bridges that built London" hosted by Dan Cruikshank.

It's a fascinating programme which tells so much of London's origins and development.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hotel GB finished last night on a very upbeat note. All of the trainees were offered jobs. All the trainees were unemployed, looking for work.

Monies raised in takings and tips are all being used to support charities helping the unemployed :)

Most reactions

Latest posts