What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External USB storage Support on JB iPad 2 4.3.3

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFile 1.6 released

iFile 1.6 is just being released in Cydia. It says CCK fix in the change log. I just upgraded/rebooted but iFile still doesn't see my SD card (as a drive) with CCK kit. :mad:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sati747 said:
iFile 1.6 is just being released in Cydia. It says CCK fix in the change log. I just upgraded/rebooted but iFile still doesn't see my SD card (as a drive) with CCK kit. :mad:

That was a separate problem. The CCK fix must come from Comex as it is the jailbreak that is at fault...
It also says there is a custom keyboard fix, but I can confirm 5-Row still does NOT work for me...... Boooooo.

OP
NickHillUK

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't comex tweet 3 days ago he would fix it 'tomorrow'? (as in, two days ago)

As soon as he sorts it I can JB again ;)

iWant my iCloud

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NickHillUK said:
Didn't comex tweet 3 days ago he would fix it 'tomorrow'? (as in, two days ago)

As soon as he sorts it I can JB again ;)

iWant my iCloud

Yesterday he tweeted:

you can update in Cydia once I'm unlazy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but releasing the jailbreak gets him some leeway with patches hehe.

I did go buy a camera kit and 16 gb card (didn't see any 32.. but oh well I was spending enough money as is) in anticipation of finally having some extra storage space though, hope he gets around to it in the next couple days.

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think comex has updated the fix in Cydia because I just logged in and it redirected me to an update from comex that has to do with the cck problem. Anyone to verify?

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimakris said:
I think comex has updated the fix in Cydia because I just logged in and it redirected me to an update from comex that has to do with the cck problem. Anyone to verify?

Tried it and it is working. Downloading now.

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimakris said:

Yes it works . I have already plugged in my USB thumb drive !!!!! :) thanx again comex!

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very happy, because we just spent 3 days in Paris and both my wife and I have over 500 pictures. Our memory cards were getting full and we still have 2 weeks of travels left.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sati747 said:

It also says there is a custom keyboard fix, but I can confirm 5-Row still does NOT work for me...... Boooooo.

5 row kb works fine for me, I'm using the black version to post this.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
5 row kb works fine for me, I'm using the black version to post this.

You realise we are talking about iFile specifically? IFile s the only app 5-Row does not work with...

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used a Kingston traveler 16gb fat32 formatted through this ( Amazon.com: CyberPower Mobile Battery Powered 4-Port USB Hub (CP-H420MP): Electronics) and worked like charm. I tried lacie lacinema 500gb self powered external hdd and it didn't work. I am not sure though that I have formated that drive to fat32. As I understand this is mandatory or not? Maybe something else is wrong?

OP
NickHillUK

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimakris said:
I used a Kingston traveler 16gb fat32 formatted through this ( Amazon.com: CyberPower Mobile Battery Powered 4-Port USB Hub (CP-H420MP): Electronics) and worked like charm. I tried lacie lacinema 500gb self powered external hdd and it didn't work. I am not sure though that I have formated that drive to fat32. As I understand this is mandatory or not? Maybe something else is wrong?

I think the problem is more about the power supplied by the iPad to the USB device not being enough.

iWant my iCloud

Most reactions

Latest posts