What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External USB storage Support on JB iPad 2 4.3.3

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
E_Pacman said:
Should I go for the original Apple kit, or will the cheaper alternative work?

I don't know about the cheaper alternatives, but I would definitely hold off until a fix is issued for the JB. I very much doubt 3rd party models are working if the official one is not...

+1

I totally agree

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyway, as long as we'll be waiting it's not bat to getting prepared...check this out [ame=http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-Mobile-Battery-Powered-CP-H420MP/dp/B0002UQALQ]Amazon.com: CyberPower Mobile Battery Powered 4-Port USB Hub (CP-H420MP): Electronics[/ame]

E_Pacman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
E_Pacman said:

I don't know about the cheaper alternatives, but I would definitely hold off until a fix is issued for the JB. I very much doubt 3rd party models are working if the official one is not...

OK, good point. Thanks. If or when this is fixed, I almost don't need my PC anymore. :)

Kotse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
E_Pacman said:

I have both - third party and original. Can confirm that both did not work after JB :(

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I thought 'great the CCK' not working and I was contemplating unjailbreaking. But with wifi photo transfer (or wifi photo share) both free my CCK is pretty much redundant now.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At first I thought 'great the CCK' not working and I was contemplating unjailbreaking. But with wifi photo transfer (or wifi photo share) both free my CCK is pretty much redundant now.

doesn't the wifi mode of ifile still work? that could be used for this as well.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
doesn't the wifi mode of ifile still work? that could be used for this as well.

I don't know I haven't tried it to be honest, I just find using the apps easier you just Connect iPad to iPhone/iPad/PC and click on pic and send, easy.

Kotse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if you are outside with your camera and JB ipad - what is the way to transfer files from camera to ipad ? :)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kotse said:
So if you are outside with your camera and JB ipad - what is the way to transfer files from camera to ipad ? :)

Either my way or outl4ws way!

OP
NickHillUK

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kotse said:

Precisely!

The camera kit is one of the really neat bits of kit that apple got right. I must confess i have un jail broken my iPad purely for this reason.

iWant my iCloud

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the fix has been released in Cydia as comex said? Has anyone tried it out?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jimakris said:
Does anyone know if the fix has been released in Cydia as comex said? Has anyone tried it out?

Comex has announced that the fix will be issued in the next day or so, and it will be done through Cydia, so there should be no need to re-jailbreak. As soon as it is released we will announce it on the site.

There are plenty of us waiting for it!

OP
NickHillUK

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just out of interest, for those of you that have jbed earlier devices where the kit still worked, what sort of transfer speeds do you get?

iWant my iCloud

Fdo.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty fast actually...

After a short delay for the usb device recognition, the files themselves were recognised quite fast. I used it on an IPad 1 running on IOS 3.2.1

I consider the use of the ifile+usb camera connection port a critical tool for my perspective of use of the IPad. When I jumped to the second generation it was because of its increase in speed, but every day without the USB reading tool adds quite a complication to my

Pelase dont forget to tell when Comex fixes the bug on Cydia

Cheers,

Fernando

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah even transferring images shot in raw transferred quite fast on my jb iPad 1.

I'm sure comex will have the issue sorted soon it really is such a vital component of the iPads versatility.

Most reactions