What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External USB storage Support on JB iPad 2 4.3.3

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bummer hope a more convenient fix arrives soon. I actually use the import photo function via SD card pretty regularly on my ipad2. Just out of curiosity if I stock restored and got rid of the jailbreak would the issue be fixed?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
FahQ said:
bummer hope a more convenient fix arrives soon. I actually use the import photo function via SD card pretty regularly on my ipad2. Just out of curiosity if I stock restored and got rid of the jailbreak would the issue be fixed?

Thanks

Yes, it should be.

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FahQ said:

Thanks

Yes, it should be.

Excellent thanks for the reply. I think I enjoy my freed ipad too much to go back to stock, but nice that the option is there. Is there an over-the-air (via Wi-fi or bluetooth) solution that can conveniently get photos onto the jb iPad2?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can put ifile into wifi mode and transfer from pc that way. Or there are many photo apps in the app store that can also use wifi to transfer your images.
Photosync
Photo transfer app
To name a couple.....

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Photo-Sort is also good app for transferring photos. It even has a function (option?) to set up a Windows Explorer type folder so that, when you turn the FTP server on in the app, you can cut, copy, paste and drag-n-drop photos back and forth between the iPad and your PC.

It's $1.99 in the App Store - a great value, IMNSHO.

At least it can do until [the proverbial] they fix the issue with the CCK.

Marilyn

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I will give those a shot. i'm a photographer so I used to drop large raw files on my iPad2 hopefully the over-the-air solutions aren't too terribly slow

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FahQ said:
Ok I will give those a shot. i'm a photographer so I used to drop large raw files on my iPad2 hopefully the over-the-air solutions aren't too terribly slow

Being a photographer....have a look at "portfolio for ipad" in the app store.

Kotse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm that after restore to 4.3.3 CCK works perfectly. Both USB and SD connectors have no problems.

OP
NickHillUK

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kotse said:
I can confirm that after restore to 4.3.3 CCK works perfectly. Both USB and SD connectors have no problems.

What's the best way to restore and remove the jailbreak?

iWant my iCloud

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NickHillUK said:
What's the best way to restore and remove the jailbreak?

iWant my iCloud

Put your iPad into DFU Mode (see sticky for instructions) and connect to iTunes. It will then allow you to restore to the latest stock firmware (4.3.3 today) by pressing "restore".

E_Pacman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the cheaper camera connection kits, like from DealExtreme perform on the JB:ed iPad 2? I don't really care about the camera connectivity itself, but would like to be able to add some extra storage occationally, like a 16 or 32 Gb SD card.

Should I go for the original Apple kit, or will the cheaper alternative work?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
E_Pacman said:
Should I go for the original Apple kit, or will the cheaper alternative work?

I don't know about the cheaper alternatives, but I would definitely hold off until a fix is issued for the JB. I very much doubt 3rd party models are working if the official one is not...

Most reactions