What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External storage possibilities for ipad2

Chase615

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, well my iPad doesn't have enough internal storage to do what i need it to do....I also can't use iCloud for the simple fact that I will not have a Internet connection when I what to watch my movies, play games, music, etc.... So, I'm not sure what to do. I went to best buy and they told me about the 500 gig external hard drive for 200 bucks that runs off of wifi, which doesn't help my situation since, like I said, I wont have Internet connectivity....if anyone out there can help me out with this I would appreciate it greatly!

Thanks for your time:D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Posters reply at their convenience. If you're impatient, existing threads about this topic are available via the forum's search function.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Really? You have not really given anyone a chance to respond to your question-less than an hour. Be patient as somebody will help you, or as what KayKay stated-search the forum. You will most likely find good information that you need in your time crunch.

Good luck.

Last edited:

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, well my iPad doesn't have enough internal storage to do what i need it to do....I also can't use iCloud for the simple fact that I will not have a Internet connection when I what to watch my movies, play games, music, etc.... So, I'm not sure what to do. I went to best buy and they told me about the 500 gig external hard drive for 200 bucks that runs off of wifi, which doesn't help my situation since, like I said, I wont have Internet connectivity....if anyone out there can help me out with this I would appreciate it greatly!

Thanks for your time:D

One thing you might try until you get a new iPad with more storage, is to uncheck some apps, movies, movies, pics, games, etc. when you sync. The items will remain in your itunes account, you won't lose them. By not including them in the sync, you'll free up space on the ipad. You can add some of them back individually when you need them. It's a pain, but the only way to free up space if you only got the 16GB ipad.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check with Best Buy again. My eye-fi card in my camera connects directly with my iPad. I think there is an external hard drive that connects by wi-fi and doesn't need the Internet.

dalmos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Does anyone use earlier this wi fi hard drive? Do you connect him over bluetooth or over wi fi (as it say) for example if i traveling in plane for over 15 hours without WIFI (Only air Norwegian have net in aircrafts) how I will connect this devise to my I pad? Also if anyone buy allready and using?

Thanks for your help

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
dalmos said:
Hi everyone

Does anyone use earlier this wi fi hard drive? Do you connect him over bluetooth or over wi fi (as it say) for example if i traveling in plane for over 15 hours without WIFI (Only air Norwegian have net in aircrafts) how I will connect this devise to my I pad? Also if anyone buy allready and using?

Thanks for your help

There are more airlines with net on the flights, among them Lufthansa.
Anyway, you will not eb allowed to have your wireless sender/receiver ON during the flight (except where in-fligh-wireless-internet is being offered) as there is fear of interference with flight control-/ navigation-/ communication equipment...

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is a reply. AirStash. Search Google. This cool little drive is infinitely expandable, streams media like a champ, and contains a built-in WiFi Router. It is everything you need.

dalmos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drb_52 said:
If you are referring to the Seagate GoFlex Satellite Mobile Wireless Storage 500 GB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive, that generates it's own wifi to connect to the iPad. You don't need anthing else. It's battery powered so you can take it anywhere.
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?name=STBF500101-goflex-satellite-500gb-hd&vgnextoid=2cd3d6a11179f210VgnVCM1000001a48090aRCRD&locale=en-US&pf=1

Thanks for reply. I google little bit and I find that seagate is good but have some issue as well. as you can see under this link.
http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/review-seagate-satellite-20110719/ (read all text)
Also I found that apple have Time Capsule and that is good as well but not so applicable with PC. I have at home 2 regular PC and in office all PC are windows so I can but only for my I pad that is not good than. But you give me idea and I thank you for that Also before you give me you opinion I didn't know that this seagate is ''producing'' his wireless network
my opinion has been that I need to have wireless network and than connect thru him. But this is good and I think I will go for it. Just need to read more about issues. My priority is to have in car possibility that my kids look cartoons on back seat and that I can see documents and movies during my long flights. If that work I will be more than happy

I will let you know how is work ASAP when I buy it and that will be in 3 weeks time.

thanks and all the best

dalmos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dalmos said:
Thanks for reply. I google little bit and I find that seagate is good but have some issue as well. as you can see under this link.
http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/review-seagate-satellite-20110719/ (read all text)
Also I found that apple have Time Capsule and that is good as well but not so applicable with PC. I have at home 2 regular PC and in office all PC are windows so I can but only for my I pad that is not good than. But you give me idea and I thank you for that Also before you give me you opinion I didn't know that this seagate is ''producing'' his wireless network
my opinion has been that I need to have wireless network and than connect thru him. But this is good and I think I will go for it. Just need to read more about issues. My priority is to have in car possibility that my kids look cartoons on back seat and that I can see documents and movies during my long flights. If that work I will be more than happy

I will let you know how is work ASAP when I buy it and that will be in 3 weeks time.

thanks and all the best

Forget to say that i already have http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/home_entertainment/hd-media-player and maybe there is possibility to connect to each other or some other fancy futures.

Most reactions

Latest posts