What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Storage Space

USN_Retired

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 32gig iPad with approx 16 gig of programs, pictures, audio files. I recently tried to upgrade a couple of programs and I received a out storage space memory message.

I connected to iTunes and confirmed I only had 16 gig of programs etc But I now have a 16 gig OTHER file. I have looked for days online for a explanation why and have found nothing that talks directly to this problem. I believe it is some kind of cache file and from what I have read deleting the program that created it will delete the Other file but how do you know what program created it? I have tried re-syncing, re-booting, just about every suggestion for fixing an iPad or iPhone problem there is with no luck. Except a restore.

Is there a way to delete this Other file without doing a restore?

What caused this file to grow to the size of all of my available storage space?

How do I determine what program did this so I can take steps to prevent it from happening again?

What is the meaning of life?............Oh sorry I got carried away.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"Other" is data that you have stored in files using the transfer function like GoodReader, Readdle Docs or VLC. Have you transferred files to your iPad?

OP
U

USN_Retired

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Other" is data that you have stored in files using the transfer function like GoodReader, Readdle Docs or VLC. Have you transferred files to your iPad?

Nothing larger then a few megabytes. Certainly not 16 gig. I thought it might be cache from my Netflix app but I deleted the app and tried rebooting the iPad but it did not clear the "Other" file.

OP
U

USN_Retired

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem Solved!!!

I figured it out with some help from others on here. I have been poking around reading many slightly similar posts and suspected, as I said in my original post, that the other file was a cache file for a program just which program was a mystery. I was looking at programs I recently installed and one of those was TWIT.

TWIT was the program filling up my storage space. A warning to others who use TWIT do not turn on the Preloader it will eat up all of the storage space on your iPad very fast. I went into the settings and Clear all preloaded Episodes, Users Setting and Cleared Images. A check in General About and I now have 19.2 gig of available storage space on my iPad.:)

I hope this helps someone else out there someday.

Most reactions

Latest posts