What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excel on iPad

ottiliegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place for this post. I have saved an excel file to sky drive. When I try to open it on my iPad I get a message that due to unsupported features we can not open this file. It then notes "watch window" as the problem. It asks if I want to open in Excel instead. If I click on open in excel nothing happens. What do you think my problem is?. Any help would be appreciated

OP
O

ottiliegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you be more specific. The app store has many apps for excel but none that is titled "Excel Web App". Also, I have read the forum rules. Am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you be more specific. The app store has many apps for excel but none that is titled "Excel Web App". Also, I have read the forum rules. Am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

I just found this for the MS Excel Web App http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/web-apps-help/introduction-to-excel-web-app-HA010378338.aspx

Web Apps don't come from the App Store so you won't find it in there.

Oh, and you have done nothing wrong, in fact you are doing just great and we are glad that you are here.

The Archangel

OP
O

ottiliegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read the above article many times. It assumes that everything is alright but I get an error message about unsupported feature and then calls out "watch Window" as the unsupported feature. What is Watch Window? How do I get rid of it so the spreadsheet can be opened. The Excel Web App help article is incomplete and doesn't provide the steps to take to fix the problem.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read the above article many times. It assumes that everything is alright but I get an error message about unsupported feature and then calls out "watch Window" as the unsupported feature. What is Watch Window? How do I get rid of it so the spreadsheet can be opened. The Excel Web App help article is incomplete and doesn't provide the steps to take to fix the problem.

There is a macro builtin to that spreadsheet that wants to hook into the Excel window to watch for certain events. Those events aren't supported by the web version, and probably not any app on the iPad unless it's an app like Onlive that gives you access to a real (if slightly restricted) version of Excel via a Remote Desktop like app. The only other option is to remove that macro that wants to hook into the window to watch for events.

OP
O

ottiliegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the information I needed from SkyDrive. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts