What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exact Viewable Screen Size

Easrthdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So has anyone actually been able to find the Viewable Image Dimensions? I am try to compare the size to another product.

TIA

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I converted the pixel dimensions (1024x768) to 9.56" x 7.47", but don't quote me, I'm old and feeble :D

I cut out a piece of paper to those dimensions and it looks correct. I stare at my 'paper screen' in anticipation of April third - IM

PS - I've already started formatting photographs for the iPad, hope I'm right....

OP
Easrthdog

Easrthdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score

MattSTKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Math is fun....

You are right about 7.76 x 5.82 because you can find the Diagonal measurement by using the Pythagorian Theorem to solve for the 3rd side of a right triangle and it equals 9.7 inches.:ipad-front::)

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need to format pictures for it anyway - iTunes is going to "optimize" them for you when you sync anyway.
This article shows how to tell iTunes to NOT do that, FYI:
Mac Tips and Tricks - Articles
Huh? That is for an iPod. There is no such option in iTunes for the iPad.

Moreover, why the heck is THIS thread being revived.... ;)

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts