What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything to do with XMAS!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Czevski said:
Many of the neighbors have their outdoor displays and lights up now. Makes driving at night a bit better. We have a few that go all out!

Yes, I love driving though the neighborhoods looking at all the beautiful Xmas displays.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Me too, we drive around on Christmas Eve to see them all, I'm always amazed at the time and effort people take to do this for the enjoyment of all. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
Me too, we drive around on Christmas Eve to see them all, I'm always amazed at the time and effort people take to do this for the enjoyment of all. :)

Better them than me. Too much work for me lol. I will just drive around and sight see lol.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd love to see your neighbourhood lights. We Brits try our best but Americans go all out.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
We Brits try our best but Americans go all out.

You think, this is a little village called Tovil in Kent from 6 years ago, it gets worse (and I do mean worse) there every year......maybe if Richard is passing he could get a picture of this years monstrosity for us!

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-3211943748.png
    image-3211943748.png
    425.3 KB · Views: 123

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You think, this is a little village called Tovil in Kent from 6 years ago, it gets worse (and I do mean worse) there every year......maybe if Richard is passing he could get a picture of this years monstrosity for us!

The Archangel

I'll bear that n mind Gabriel. Near us, at Cator Park, 2 or 3 home owners must have had a competition with one another resulting in displays which rival Blackpool! My concern was that these houses are under an approach to Heathrow :D Ho Ho Ho :D

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
I'll bear that n mind Gabriel. Near us, at Cator Park, 2 or 3 home owners must have had a competition with one another resulting in displays which rival Blackpool! My concern was that these houses are under an approach to Heathrow :D Ho Ho Ho :D

Sounds like competition for National Lampoons Christmas Vacation!

The Archangel

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm in Australia however European in upbringing so I have kept the Xmas tradition I had when I grew up.
We have a wonderful breakfast on 24 th and we spend the day together. We have a beautiful cold dinner, prawns, crays, crabs, chicken, ham and salads with desert. Then at about 8.30 we hand out and open the presents. My kids are nearly 20 and 15 and they still like a little something from Santa so I put some small treats in their stockings for Xmas morning.
Not only do we love it, but it frees us up for the in laws on 25 th and other family on 26 th. it's great Xmas lasts for 3 days in our house.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mjtyler said:
Hi all. I'm in Australia however European in upbringing so I have kept the Xmas tradition I had when I grew up.
We have a wonderful breakfast on 24 th and we spend the day together. We have a beautiful cold dinner, prawns, crays, crabs, chicken, ham and salads with desert. Then at about 8.30 we hand out and open the presents. My kids are nearly 20 and 15 and they still like a little something from Santa so I put some small treats in their stockings for Xmas morning.
Not only do we love it, but it frees us up for the in laws on 25 th and other family on 26 th. it's great Xmas lasts for 3 days in our house.

What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas and to have it stretch for 3 days is such a bonus. I just love having all the family together for Christmas and catching up with other extended family you don't get to see that often. Have a wonderful Christmas this year from another Aussie!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas and to have it stretch for 3 days is such a bonus. I just love having all the family together for Christmas and catching up with other extended family you don't get to see that often. Have a wonderful Christmas this year from another Aussie!

mjtyler said:

I'd like to echo that. Christmas is a time for family and friends.

When I was a kid, we would open our presents on the 25th, mid morning. However, my wife's tradition is to open presents on the 24th.

For most of my life, the 26th has been the day when we visit family, or have family and friends round.

Bliss

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:

The Archangel

I have taken the following from a Facebook page ....

You know you're from Kent when ....

You visit Tovil every year to laugh at the tacky Christmas lights. In October.

You know exactly where a giant flower-covered sheep can be found at any one given time.

I note there are images of the decorations from 2005 on-line.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, we have 2 or 3 houses in Yeovil that do this for charity. There was one in my local town which collected for charity as their little girl was severely disabled but the little girl died and I don't think they live there anymore. When I go shopping I will take some photos.

Most reactions

Latest posts