What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything to do with XMAS!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
:eek:So what is everyone buying for themselves?

I want the complete Andrews Sisters library, 50 pounds of Scottish Smoked Salmon, 12 bottles of Macallan 1952, and an iPad 4.

I was thinking about a new Tux with tails, a top hat and cane, but that would make me look line I just stepped out of a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie. At least I can pull it off.

I did buy some new socks so I be stoked.

Attachments

• dog-tux-with-tails-and-top-hat.jpg
    dog-tux-with-tails-and-top-hat.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 727

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
:eek:So what is everyone buying for themselves?

I want the complete Andrews Sisters library, 50 pounds of Scottish Smoked Salmon, 12 bottles of Macallan 1952, and an iPad 4.

I was thinking about a new Tux with tails, a top hat and cane, but that would make me look line I just stepped out of a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie. At least I can pull it off.

I did buy some new socks so I be stoked.

I love your dog too. And the salmon!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife gave away her laptop to a niece. She hardly used the laptop and didn't want it gathering dust. Now it's gone, she misses it and is after a very lightweight model. Perhaps an Apple.

We will check out the sales after Xmas. I'm not sure what we will buy.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've started the decorations but instead of doing it all at the same time, we are doing a little bit every night, so much easier.
We had a lovely log fire last night, I have so missed that! The only problem you have is having to get up, put the iPad down and feed the fire. Oh well, sacrifices have to be made. Maybe my next purchase will be coal!

Yes, we did our tree over several nights, too.

A fireplace is great to have at this time of year, even if just for ambiance.

We have a gas fireplace, so we flip a switch and it comes on. No cleanup or putting down the iPad.

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i still have to do shopping! but i am only shopping for abour 4 people so its not hard at all

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We got the tree out. It's an artificial one made up of fibre optic branches lit by a single bulb in the base. The lights change colour. The bulb had failed after 10 year's service.

I need to get to the shops to buy a replacement bulb. The tree is unusual and very pretty. It's worth maintaining.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
i still have to do shopping! but i am only shopping for abour 4 people so its not hard at all

I only bought for my parents and brother but I've been done since before Thanksgiving! My parents' gift is wrapped so I just need to wrap my brother's. Woo!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was such a good girl! I wrapped all the prezzies I have received so far! I was on my own and had nothing better to do. I'm normally a lot slower than that. My first Xmas meal tomorrow, then Saturday and then Sunday. Phew! Busy weekend and bang goes the diet!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Listening to Nat King Cole Christmas album now. Rich and smooth. What a voice.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cheers Kay! I've been waiting for the new one to come out. I've had 12 days of Christmas for two years now so this will be added to my Xmas folder! It's a great little app, I've had films, music from Kylie, Snow Patrol, Michael Buble, Outnumbered tv program, etc... Apple are the greatest, aren't they? I've wrapped a few more prezzies and some stocking fillers for the girls. Woohoo! Waiting for the Xmas tree from brother-in-law. He likes to buy a fresh tree for Xmas. I love that fresh pine tree smell, no fake tree for me! (I do have one but it goes in the kitchen/dining room as the spare)
Off to the local Indian Restaurant tonight for our Science teachers Xmas night out! Time for drunkenness and jollity! No kids allowed!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts