What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enter to send Sms on ipad

chuckfinley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am looking for someone to tell me if they know how to send sms messages on the ipad by pressing the <enter> key. It would be very helpful so if you know a way feel free to let me know. Thanks in advance ;)

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean "by pressing the <enter> key"? You can't send an sms at all, out of the box at any rate. Do you mean an iMessage message? Or are you using some other app that sends sms? In iMessage, hitting <enter> just makes a new line.

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

You can send an SMS or an iMessage using the new app in iOS5 called iMessage. The imessage is free to other iOS users, otherwise the message goes as an SMS according to your wireless providers messaging plan. A good (and brief) summary of this app by insanelygreatmac at:

Last edited by a moderator:

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, well on 3 in the UK, I don't have the option to send as sms on my iPad. I can try, but the send button is disabled.

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can send SMS using 3rd party apps such as Skype, AIM for iPad or Yahoo Messenger. There are also websites that allow sending of SMS via the internet.

OP
chuckfinley

chuckfinley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darrenjcampbell said:
What do you mean "by pressing the <enter> key"? You can't send an sms at all, out of the box at any rate. Do you mean an iMessage message? Or are you using some other app that sends sms? In iMessage, hitting <enter> just makes a new line.

I mean imessage, no I am not using any other apps just the imessage

OP
chuckfinley

chuckfinley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mlaurencg4 said:
You can send SMS using 3rd party apps such as Skype, AIM for iPad or Yahoo Messenger. There are also websites that allow sending of SMS via the internet.

did not know that, so are you saying I can use yahoo IM and send imessages to my friends that don't have apple devices?

Most reactions