What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engraved IPAD Delayed; letter from Apple

AlexKaren073109

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same email that my "the new iPad" was delayed as well. However, on the Apple Online order status says it's still coming out on Mar. 16. The email arrived to me after 4pm which was already passed the 4:00pm local time deadline. And now I just received an email with a tracking number attached that my personalized iPad was shipped from China. I called them yesterday about it and I was confused on what to believe. So I'm going to just wait and see. I'm not upset or anything, the email that was sent threw me off to what I saw on the online order status.

Apple should of expected this happening of people ordering iPads with engravings. For a company that has high volume of shares and stock share prices, you would think that they would of planned this out by having more engraving facilities and better communication. I hope no one in China doesn't commit suicide of the pressure that their employers are placing on them. I'm okay of it coming a few days late. I don't want any guilty feelings on receiving any Apple product.

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My replacement IPAD is preparing for shipment, while my engraved one has shipped from China with a date of 3/19. Think I will just keep the non engraved since thats what i wanted anyways, and it will be here tomorrow.

kyrod89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same e-mail yesterday. I replied within an hour of receiving the e-mail so they're now sending me a non-personalized iPad tomorrow (sitting in Oakland, CA at the moment) and my personalized iPad from China with an ETA on Monday. However, I checked my bank account today and they've released the hold they had on the total cost and have only charged me for the smartcover I ordered, nothing else. Not sure what to think of that...

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got the same e-mail yesterday. I replied within an hour of receiving the e-mail so they're now sending me a non-personalized iPad tomorrow (sitting in Oakland, CA at the moment) and my personalized iPad from China with an ETA on Monday. However, I checked my bank account today and they've released the hold they had on the total cost and have only charged me for the smartcover I ordered, nothing else. Not sure what to think of that...

With an ETA of Monday, why would you do that?

Most reactions