What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email trying to download

janeiowa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMG_0072.PNG My Ipad mini keeps trying to download an email that no longer exists on my gmail account. I have tried to delete this email, move it to junk and to trash with no success. It appears to delete or move, but then I get a message that that action can't happen. I'd hoped the new update 10.3 would correct this or that powering down and restarting would rid me of this snagged email. No such luck.

Any suggestions?

OP
J

janeiowa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did that. I searched for the snagged email on my laptop gmail and trashed it. It still shows up on the Mini. I powered off the mini, thinking that would force a new sync with gmail. It's still there. I'm now thinking I may need to delete that email account on my mini.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the account set up in an email client on your laptop? What I was suggesting was to open a browser and look at the account that way.

Removing and reinstalling the account should help with your problem.

OP
J

janeiowa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I went to gmail on my email on my laptop and searched and found the Skimm email. I trashed it, and then deleted the trash.

It still showed on my mini iPad, even after powering it off for a few minutes. I'd thought that would resync it with the gmail site, but, alas, the snagged Skimm reappeared. I've now deleted that account from my mini, and I'll just view it on my laptop for a bit and then try adding it back in on the mini.

THANKS for your help!!

Most reactions

Latest posts