What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Question

DrRaja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi anyone,
So far so good and having fun with iPad. However, having opened gmail, how do I get out of it? The home button only gets me to the main screen but then if I tap on the mail icon I'm right back to the open gmail! Would appreciate any help! Thanks,
Raja
Should have posted in iPad help sorry

Last edited:

Leboyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found w iPad (apple?) the "return to previous screen" is at the top left of the screen. Sometimes the "menu" is hidden and you need to tap the middle of the screen to have the app show the hidden menu.

Hope this helps.

Johan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johanfoto.com
Hi anyone,
So far so good and having fun with iPad. However, having opened gmail, how do I get out of it? The home button only gets me to the main screen but then if I tap on the mail icon I'm right back to the open gmail! Would appreciate any help!

Hold the iPad in landscape mode. Then you will see a column on the left side with a list of all emails. Right at the top left is a button that lets you navigate out of that list to other mailboxes, etc. That button is there too when you hold it in portrait mode, but then you'll get a floating window with thet list.

OP
D

DrRaja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks, guys, for the replies! Yes, I didn't realize that landscape mode is the way to "open up" the entire email screen, and portrait is to work with the actual email. I got it now! Tapping on the middle didn't help in that particular GMail screen, I don't know why....who knows!
Raja

Most reactions

Latest posts