What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud email problems

will.vandenoort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Had an absolute nightmare with Apple today - endless number of errors trying to install iOS 5 on my iPad and iPhone 4. Ended up putting the iPad in DFU mode and updating it that way round.

I went through the setting up process, and created a new iCloud address (@me.com), while also having a gmail account registered to the iPad. I want to switch from gmail to iCloud for email, but I'm having some problems. Some emails are coming through - for example, I registered on this website through my @me address... however, when I tried to activate the email address to Facebook it wouldn't receive anything (even though I got an email on my gmail account acknowledging that I'd requested a change to my Facebook email). Also, I tried emailing my iCloud address from my gmail account, but to no avail.

Why is everything so hit and miss? I really want to use the iCloud mail but obviously I can't do so if I can't trust it to receive and send emails!

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance - hope this all made sense...

Will

Most reactions

Latest posts