What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email query re email format

oldun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just recently set up The iOs15 mail app on my ipad mini 6.

I tried to send a very simple email message - "just a test" from my own email address to my own email address.

I sent the email from my newly setup iPad Mini using Mail and was please to almost instantly receive it in the Inbox on my iPad in the mail app (from which it was sent)

When I tried to open the email I received the error message - "The message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program."

I am surprised that Apple Mail can send out emails which it is incapable of reading.

Can any one offer me an explanation as to what went wrong and how I can correct the matter?

One thing I do know is that the Mini is set up correctly to send and receive emails even it screws up the email format!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't think of any reason for this to happen other than the email being corupeted somewhere in the process. Rare, but not impossible. Has this only happened once, or is it repeatable?

Also, are you running the same version of iOS/iPadOS on both iPads? Not that this should make difference.

Most reactions

Latest posts