What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email problems

cutnstuf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2, 32gb, wireless. Today, for no apparent reason, my email function froze up. I have been searching the site for previous posts that might help, but haven't been successful. If anyone could share a link or links to anything that might help, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Cutnstuf

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Cutnstuf
Can you elaborate?
Is the app frozen? It doesn't retrieve mail? You can't send? You can't open mail?

OP
cutnstuf

cutnstuf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I open the email function, it starts to search for new emails as it should. But it gets part way and then freezes. I've tried a restart, and also I deleted my email accounts and re-added them. After I did that, it seemed to work fine for a few minutes but then it locked up again. I just went into my computer and cleared out all the email folders. I had a lot of old sent and trash which I thought might cause a problem. I will check my ipad again to see if anything has changed. Do you think that re-loading the os might help?

OP
cutnstuf

cutnstuf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
200 looks and 1 reply. I guess everyone is busy playing Dragonvale or something. Well, I figured out the solution in the meantime.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't answer your question, so I didn't respond to your post. I am glad that you got it sorted...

However, for the benefit of those who may be facing the same problem - could you please post what you did to solve your issue?

TIA.

Marilyn

OP
cutnstuf

cutnstuf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure. I cleaned out all the folders in both of my email accounts, then I deleted both accounts from the iPad, re-booted, lastly I re-established both accounts and oila!

Most reactions

Latest posts