What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email password

Casper1997

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have successfully setup my hotmail email accounts to the email app on the iPad.

But I am wondering is there an option that can be set so that I have to enter the password each time I open an inbox for a specific account, as my iPad is shared with others.

I have looked in settings and the only thing I have seen is that the password is only used to initially set up the account to the iPad app.

Cheers

enlightened

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, this doesn't really directly answer your question, but is more of a workaround. Do you have auto lock set up on your iPad after a certain amount of time? If so, set up a passcode for the device and just lock the iPad when you're done using it. No unauthorized access to e-mail (or your device). Of course, this advice won't solve the problem if you're sharing your iPad with another user.

Let me look around and see if I can find a better answer for you. More likely though, someone else will be around with a solution before I find one. :)

EDIT: Check out this link to see if provides any good solutions for you: Sign out of your Hotmail account on iPad As I don't use Hotmail on my iPad I'm not 100% sure how current/ helpful this information may be but it looks like a good place to start. Also, a google search- Let me google that for you might help in this situation.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
no workaround for this.

ipad is setup for single user usage. It really would be nice to have either a multi user login or a guest login option to keep your own data away from anyone you may let use the device.

there is an app for this but its for GMail called Mailboxes - Multi-user Gmail client
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mailboxes-multi-user-gmail/id377459020?mt=8

I
f you have a jailbroken iPad you can do multiple user accounts with iUser
!

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ibisMail can also lock accounts, so I'm told.

None of these solutions will fix the need to have at least one account set up for Mail on the iPad. If you don't, then the email option in other apps will not work. Doesn't have to be your primary account, though.

OP
C

Casper1997

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks guys, the our pad seems like a good way to go

Most reactions

Latest posts