What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email issues

vicki24fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently had to change my email password on my desktop, I changed the password to match on my iPad as well. For awhile I had no problems, then all of the sudden it is constantly telling me I either have a wrong username or password. I am at a total loss of what to do to fix this.
Of course I have my warranty on the iPad but my technical phone service is expired and I don't have the money to pay for the help.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd say delete your email address on your iPad and set it up again . It might help .

OP
V

vicki24fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wondering though if i delete my email address and try to add it again, will it tell me it already exist?

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe not , I've done it without issues but wait till experts chime in ;-)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
V

vicki24fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that and I am sad to say it didn't work, I keep getting the same message

I have noticed that the incoming mail server is different from my main/original email account the original mail server is

pop.att.yahoo.com

My email account that I am having problems with shows mail server

imap.mail.yahoo.com

I have even tried deleting that and typing in the pop.att.yahoo.com and it still didn't work.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm...Try this: Go to iPad settings/Safari/Clear History AND Passwords/Cookies. Try that.

OP
V

vicki24fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried and still the same thing....
The box that pops up says

The user name or password for imap.mail.yahoo.com is incorrect..

That imap stuff was automatic, I didn't type that in there,

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried the immediate solutions of quitting your email app? To do this, press the home button twice until you get the multi-task bar. Press the email app until it jiggles and press the negative sign button. Re-open the email and see if it helps.

Also,if that doesn't work--try to restart your ipad. To do this, press the power button until you get the slide lock to power off. Turn back on and retry.

OP
V

vicki24fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I shut it down and back on. For some reason after doing that my att account was gone, I added it back on and it works....
Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are getting that Yahoo account indirectly (say through AT&T) you should go to AT&T's (or that provider's) support pages for instructions on how to add that account to the iPad. It is unlikely the default Yahoo account will work.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I shut it down and back on. For some reason after doing that my att account was gone, I added it back on and it works....
Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated.

Alright Vicki!!

So glad it worked out for you! Enjoy!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem, though that small bit of advice was the limit of the help I had to offer. I know nothing about AT&T accounts or how to set them up.

Most reactions

Latest posts