What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email attacments

earlboston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I reply or forward an email and add an attachment or do I have to go to the file and select send in an email? In the latter case, a whole new email is generated. Thoughts?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

I'm not sure w/ the 'native' mail app, that attachments can be managed; at least I have not found a way (but am willing to be enlightened!).

However, if you want to just add one or several photos to an email reply/forward, then 'Copy' the photo and 'Paste' into your email - that has worked for me, but obviously a pain if you want to send many photos.

Hope others will 'chime in' w/ a better solution(s) - also, try searching the forum - questions about the limitations of the native mail app have arisen in other threads - good luck!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

I'm not sure w/ the 'native' mail app, that attachments can be managed; at least I have not found a way (but am willing to be enlightened!).

However, if you want to just add one or several photos to an email reply/forward, then 'Copy' the photo and 'Paste' into your email - that has worked for me, but obviously a pain if you want to send many photos.

Hope others will 'chime in' w/ a better solution(s) - also, try searching the forum - questions about the limitations of the native mail app have arisen in other threads - good luck!

Count me in as someone who'd like to know the attachment trick. Other than your cut/paste system for photos, I dont think there is a way to do it with the native mail app.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, with a stock iPad, there's only the copy 'n' paste method, either from within the Mail app (copy/paste photos) or from the Photo app (copy/paste the forwarded/replied e-mail).

There is a way if your iPad is jailbroken, but, again, nothing stock. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions